Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I hate about MP

There's people at the other end.
    So strategies that I would use on the AI, I can't use because I'd make people really sad.
    Like making 4 secret projects, near an allies land. Once we have a LOT of minerals in each, switching them all to PB, rushing all of them, and suddenly, with no build-up, in 1 turn, you have 4 PB's and your "ally" has no empire the year after.
    Or ruthless machiavellian manipulation (like forging messages from players, or "manufacturing" incidents).

Ruthless double-crossing just loses it's availability when you're playing with friends.

Or ruthless machiavellian manipulation (like forging messages from players, or "manufacturing" incidents).
    That's the spice of LAN games, methinks! Once in a game I was in a very tight position as the two ones with largest empires, a Yang and a Zak, were fighting over me (or, I was trying to kiss up another, so to speak).
    So, Yang asked me to probe Zak. I probed Zak, but then told him that the probe was all about showing off to Yang to make friends of him, so that I could then backstab him and help Zak.
    Well, that helped for somewhile... Then, _Deirdre_ complains that I had done something I never had, told by someone, I still don't know who, and suddenly declares war! And in ten turns, I have been crushed, making all previous attempts of securing my position utterly futile.
    In a nutshell, the game was
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
    X