Giving Bases Away Cheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving Bases Away Cheat

Not really a cheat but odd behavior. I defeated the last defender with a bomber then moved an Isle of the Deep in to capture and then moved it out. I then gave the newly captured base away to another faction. I believe my bomber was immediately moved back to one of my own bases. Either that or the faction I gave the base to got my bomber too.

Your bomber would be relocated to the nearest base.

I had a neat experience recently - was at war with Lal in a PBEM, opened a turn and saw that one of his bases was empty of defenders, so moved in a locust. Got a vendetta message flash up, to which I hit OK, thinking "but I am already in Vendetta"

Turns out I had screwed graphics, and that the PK colors were being used by the Hive, and that was actually another player's base - with whom I was now in vendetta.

I gifted the base to Morgan, an AI pactmate, and my locust got relocated to my nearest base.

I advised the PBEM'er and offered to restore our treaty status, and told him the base was now Morgan's (with whom he was in vendetta) and empty.

Next turn he moved in and got over 700 credits when he captured the base - he shipped me 350 in gratitude.

He then vacated the base, and suggested we try the trick again, but rats, Morgan won't talk to me now

I wonder why?

G.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
      Turns out I had screwed graphics, and that the PK colors were being used by the Hive
      Speaking of incorrect graphics, in a MP game that's created through the scenario editor, IS there any way to have a faction show the correct graphics?

Other than setting the factions properly in the ini file, I haven't figured out a way to do this. And dinking with the ini before each of many MP games becomes highly annoying after a bit.
      "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
      "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
      "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Originally posted by Deimos

And dinking with the ini before each of many MP games becomes highly annoying after a bit.
        It doesn't have to be too annoying. I have a separate folder (under save), for each of my games. That folder is a binder, where I keep my notepad file of game notes, the saves and zips of course, and the link to the appropriate forum thread. I haven't done it yet, but it would be pretty easy to keep the proper ini file there, and copy it to the game directory before you play. Could even make a little macro to do that, and launch either smac, or smax as appropriate. Anyone know how to do that?
        Team 'Poly

Comment

Hmmm...

right click on the desktop
          new
          shortcut
          put path to either terran or terranx in the command line, preceded by the copy command. But what is that? Are the commands separated by semicolons??

edit:

Hmmm..

looks like xcopy and xcopy32 are exe files in the windows\command folder.

Still, are commands separated by semicolons?
          Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
          X