I know...on computer advantages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know...on computer advantages

the threads where I'm messing with the editor don't xactly get much attention. but I try neway. well the interest 10 was a bust, super powerful trait, but then I can't use drain energy reserve on the comp or it breaks the game. tho as humor I was stealing 42k energy a pop from morgan in one game, and it wasn't even year 100. so that idea is bunked, shame, it really made the computer grab secret projects well, especially Lal. so I was wondering what you all use as computer advantages, or perhaps wut u think of wut I've given the computer so far.

my newest computer advantages are:+6 support, +3 econ, sharetech 3.

three is the max # of "things" I can give the computer and stay under the 9 trait max w/ everyone. I suppose I could get trickier or something, its a thot, but not a super appealing one.

+6 support worx great, exactly how I wanted it to. use to be +2 econ, but why not +3, just a lil better? also, notice there's no way to get -econ in social engineering, thats a lil odd don't u think?

haven't played much with sharetech yet, not sure how it'll work out. I thot it was a cool idea at first. if u have ne other good suggestions for improving the ai, save something silly like give them all +10 industry.

In case I had not the ocasion to tell you yet, to give the computer an advantage I let him be played by a human opponent.

For the rest, I gave up on expecting to get fun from a SP for how I may beef up the AI.

A super AI can make a challenge, But I guess I'd find FUN (not alway the same as challenge) against a clever opponent. Giving the AI muscles makes it a hunk hard to crack, but it doesn't give it brains...
    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

I wish I had patience for MP, i really do. but I don't, and thats just reality. I'm not gna start a game that won't end for 4 months, or god forbid a year. I get my challenge more like a game of golf with all my games being challenge games. rather than the normal MP.

smac mp is intolerable

Comment

Intolerable to you maybe... You really have to think about what you're doing. I like both. SP continues to improve my game, MP is just more fun! (To me, of course...)

Comment

oh i luv multiplayer games. so much I can't play the single player SMAC if its not against someone. if multiplayer was practical I'd be there. but its just not.

Comment

Um, yavoon, didn't you just totally contradict yourself?

Comment

it may seem that way, but if u read my original post. I play all my SP games against my friends. this is to say they're all played like a challenge game might be played. we take the starting save, and pass it around. then play the game out under a decently competitive atmosphere. sorta, like the example I gave, golf. we each have the same course, its just whomever gets the fewest strokes.

Comment

I happen to like PBEMs but they aren't for everybody. For a quicker MP experience give IP or Hotseat a shot.

Comment

yavoon,

I totally agree with you that MPs have a tendencie to take quite som time to finish (especially those 4-players, one-turn-every-three-days-kinda-games). But a two-pep PBEM could actually run smothly and up to speed if both players put some time into it at the early turns (play the first 15-20 within a week). A quick game could be done in less than two month.
                  It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

As I surely have told in some other thread, so you'll forgive me if you know it already, in summer 99 I played a 3 players (with 4 AIs) game from scratch, doing 152 turns in 57 days.
                    You just need passion, and compatible timezones (not necessarily equal, I had +6hours on the 2 other players). And of course the ability to play during most of the day (I could play from work, in that summer...)
                    IIRC we kept a pace of 6 turns per day in the first week.

That was an exception, but only because in other games just *one* slacker can kill the turnaround.
                    Even with a commendable 1 turn per day pace, it would take from 4 to 5 months to complete an average pbem.

...I figure then, that CivIII won't be tolerable for you either, not even in Single Player!
                    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

civ3 is just a poorly made game trying to float on its predecessors.

GOGO ROCKY VI.

Comment

Working...
                      X