Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to SMAC

Hello Board,
    Just purchased SMAC and Alien Crossfire last night and played for a little bit (It was very late and had to work today)
    One word: Awesome!
    Mind you I have Civ3 and so far SMAC is better (Not a Civ3 basher..I like Civ3)
    Please please direct me to web sites,info,etc etc that can help me to learn more about SMAC.
    Thanks very much

Welcome to the few of us that still thrill at the sight of the good Chariman as he guides his human hive towards dominations or the brave Colonel as she guides her militia to victory on the battlefield.

As for sites, I suggest you start at Poly's site here, and go from there.

webpage for SMAC

Another great page

The nettwork node is around too, but I can't find a link. Anyone else got a link to it?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Oh and don't forget to check out the AC fiction forum. Lots of exciting stories set in the SMAC/X universe...
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
        The nettwork node is around too, but I can't find a link. Anyone else got a link to it?
        what do you mean "cant find a link"? you mean you don't know the site?

Comment

deleted double post
          Last edited by Googlie; November 18, 2001, 01:34.

Comment

Where did you manage to find Alien Crossfire? I'd love to get my hands on a copy at a reasonable price.

Comment

You could do a lot worse than getting Velociryx's Strategy Guide.

An early (free) version ( v 3.0) can be had from his website:

(shoot - the url isn't linking - it's bringing up his pop-up ads)

The links are:

clik.to is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, clik.to has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

then you need to navigate thru:

Discuaaion Forums/S...M...A...C.../Strategy & Tactics/The SMAX Guide (version 3.0)

(it's the 11th thread in the Strategy & Tactics section)

or you can spring $20 and get the v 4.0 published version. there's a link to the publisher at the Spartan Chronicles site:

And apparently you can order SMAX from a UK firm and they will ship to N. America!! See:

Googlie
              Last edited by Googlie; November 18, 2001, 01:50.

Comment

Visit this thread:

... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Originally posted by TKG

what do you mean "cant find a link"? you mean you don't know the site?

http://networknode.org
                  hmm. Last night when I posted it told me that there was an error and the page couldn't be found. It seems to be working now.

Comment

GO TO EBAY

Last time i checked they had Two new copies of Crossfire or Planet pack going for $20, and one used copy for $9.99.

Otherwise buy a MAC, for some reason they are still selling SMAX for the MAC.
                    Arhg! Walk the plank Brother Lal

Comment

Working...
                    X