It's so sad, but I love Morgan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RF and Googlie,

There are several Gaian rose icons in the pcx files, and I think the ones in Gaians3.pcx are the best. I like the Gaian rose icon that has little water droplets on it, but it is the one for the extermination of the Gaians with Dee in the punishment sphere!! Another good choice is the Gaian rose icon above a space view of Planet.

Now that Alynzia has inspired me I was thinking of a medium or hunter green t-shirt or sweatshirt with the large rose icon above Planet (as in Gaians3.pcx) across the chest on the front with the large font words "Walk with Planet" (and maybe with the words "OR ELSE" in smaller font underneath!) in bold black lettering on the back.

Now, does anyone know how or where to have this made into an iron-on decal or a t-shirt (or sweat shirt, now that it is November in Chicago)?

Hydro

Comment

Hydro,

If you have access to an ink jet printer, you can print it out yourself. I know they make iron-on transfer paper for use with ordinary ink jet printers.

I've seen advertisments like "Make your own softball team shirts", etc. You may want to take a mosey over to CompUSA, Best Buy, or maybe OfficeMax and see what they have along those lines.
      "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
      "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
      "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Deimos,

Thanks for the tips!

I already tried printing on my modest (e.g. - cheap) Canon BJC-2010, and it was not a happy experience. The black sky with stars on Gaians3.pcx came out with nasty horizontal white streaks across it where the inkjet simply failed to apply ink. I will need to convince (con?) a friend who has a better resolution printer to help, or maybe print after work on a good injet (or maybe a color laser). If I get really ambitious I'll use the plotter.

Now that you mention it I recall that one of my office mates had t-shirts made for the company baseball team. I'll ask him. I'll also stop by Best Buy (or equivalent) and ask their helpful sales staff(s) for advice.

Hydro

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro
          The black sky with stars on Gaians3.pcx came out with nasty horizontal white streaks across it
          (Maybe there is more meteorite activity around Alpha Centauri?)

G.

Comment

There is a store in the mall that does T-shirts and license plates and other things with custom pictures. IIRC, he will take drawings you have and make stuff like that. I bet if you looked around, you would find somthing like that in your city. I live in a relitivly small city (50,000)
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Well, well, well! Isn't it Alynzia, our very own super-model! I still remember the faction-look-alikes thread!

Try dis: dye your hair blonde, cut it like Aki, and THEN wear the Cybernetic Consciousness shirt! Later on, pass by the two smellies ( ) and spray a deodorant (LYNX, preferably, if you have those in the US, never been there - or I might be incredibly stupid by saying this ) and say in their face with a flat, Aki-style voice:

"The Consciousness will not accept imperfection."

PS. A Yang symbol shirt would seem to Yin-Yangy...
              ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
              ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Wow, that's really cool! I had an idea a while ago for a military-type leather Pirate jacket, with the logo on the back. (That would actually work for any faction.)
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

That's pretty freakin cool,

I don't think its lame (although your choice for a mentor is weird....jus' kidding!)

Anyway, if they made a Yang T-Shirt you'd bet your bollock's to a barn darts that I'd buy it. (I heard this from the movie SNATCH). Well, I guess some people like Morgan.....that's alright. Some people like Miriam (bleh). Some like Zakky (?). And some like Yang (!) Cool shirt though! Makes me jealous
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

All of you deserved to be mocked.

I'd say that its sad, but I'm wearing boots, a studded leather belt, and work pants right now, so I don't have room to speak.

Yer definately a hot one though Alynzia. Look me up if you ever come to L.A. Or maybe I'll let you know next time I'm coming home to England.
                    Fitz. (n.) Old English
                    1. Child born out of wedlock.
                    2. Bastard.

Comment

The artist stole gods idea from denzel washington!

Awesome!

Comment

Firaxis should make a custom dog-collared "mechanical ant" clothing line so i can look like yang.

When i first heard about the game and read about the faction, i imagined controling an army like the one on the cover of company flow's Funcrusher plus

It would be kewl

Comment

Oh Indeed!

Whilst realising how immesely gay it is of me to bump my sad Morgan thread, I just wanted to ask if anybody else makes any Alpha Centauri things (like shirts and wallpaper) please attach pictures because I think it is interesting.

I had a faction leader council wallpaper on our computer and about Foreman Domai, my mum went - "Eugh, he's ugly... is he one of the aliens?"

And I'm sorry to post a sad picture, it is amazing what you can do with bulldogs and lipstick! Maybe even that horrid ACOL:Kitty girl could look acceptable... nah, probably not.

Alynzia.

Comment

Ha ha- Morgan is the best!

As far as Civ3 don't get your hopes up... the game is extremely disappointing.

SMAC all the way!

Comment

I don't know if Morgan is the best ....but at least he's better than Miriam!

If anyone can find a place that sells Human Hive stuff....youse gotsta post up duh address!

Yang Rules!!! Wooooo!
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I finally got my butt in gear and made my Gaian t-shirt! It has a small Gaian logo on the front breast, and the phrase “Walk With Planet” and the Gaian symbol over Planet on the back. While I was at it I made another for the Peacekeepers for my die-hard PK devotee friend. My t-shirt is hunter green (of course) and the pk shirt is grey.

So, since I made TWO t-shirts does that make me even more pathetic?

(sorry about the picture quality...)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Hydro; January 4, 2002, 22:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X