Crawlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawlers

I USE THE CRAWLERS TO FERRY FOOD, ETC FROM ONE BASE TO ANOTHER TO MAKE FOR FOR SHORT FALLS. BUT CAN YOU USE THEM TO BRING STUFF FROM SQUARES THAT ARE NOT CLOSE TO ANY BASE?

(SORRY ABOUT CAPS, I WORK IN AN ENGINEERING OFFICE AND THAT IS ALL WE USE)

Yes-- a crawler can be used on any square that is not being "worked" by a base. It will bring in one of nutrients, minerals or energy to its home base. Simply move the crawler to the desired square and hit " o" IIRC. Then you will get your choice of resources. The crawler will contribute these resources to the base indefinitely.

You should note that using crawlers, ONLY one type of production is used. You COULD crawl a borehole for its 6 minerals but then you have 6 energy wasted.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Crawlers

Umm, neb, this isn't an engineering office. Are you saying they remove the caps lock key from your keyboards there?

Okay, if I send a crawler to a borehole and choose the 6 minerals, can I send a 2nd crawler there to claim the 6 energy? Or can only one crawler use a square?
      Your ad here!

Comment

Re: Crawlers

Originally posted by civcop
        Umm, neb, this isn't an engineering office. Are you saying they remove the caps lock key from your keyboards there?

Okay, if I send a crawler to a borehole and choose the 6 minerals, can I send a 2nd crawler there to claim the 6 energy? Or can only one crawler use a square?
        One crawler per square or to put it another way a square can only be harvested by either one base or one crawler for one resource. The power of one!
        'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

I they don't have regular text at all because blueprints and schematics don't use them. I don't remember making small letters in a technical drawing class i took. However, if i am incorrect, I bet there is at least one engineer who could make his/her own CapsLock key. Even if it was whittled out of soap from the bathroom.

Which bring up some interesting questions. Do they use the keys so often they need to be replaced with an industrial grade titanium key? Where are the Caps Lock Keys? Are the employees trapped somewhere? Why are they whittling their own keys in the bathroom? Is there a black market in the cafeteria for these items?

Comment

Originally posted by Compugasm 2
            Which bring up some interesting questions. Do they use the keys so often they need to be replaced with an industrial grade titanium key? Where are the Caps Lock Keys? Are the employees trapped somewhere? Why are they whittling their own keys in the bathroom? Is there a black market in the cafeteria for these items?
            umm. uhh, ok. i guess you nailed it.

Comment

The Caps Lock keys are with the "W" keys from the White House.

Comment

Working...
              X