Carrier and submersable techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier and submersable techs

I am just got these techs and can't seem to find the carrier deck special or the submersable one either. I only have foil and carrier chassis. I have never built a carrier either.

These two are special abilities, not chassis(es?)

In the workshop, design a foil or cruiser transport, then add special abilities, and there they should be!
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I thought they were specials, I am saying do they only go on certain chassis.

Comment

Yes, only on foil and cruiser chassis - the repair bay and carrier deck only work with the 'troop transport' module, but the submarine hull one works with any foil or cruiser.
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Thanks I didn't realise you had to put the transport module on the ship.

Comment

Don't count on the AI not seeing your 'submarines'- I do believe this is a broken feature, just like hiding in fungus.

Comment

Run Silent, Run Deep

Originally posted by Anunikoba
              Don't count on the AI not seeing your 'submarines'- I do believe this is a broken feature, just like hiding in fungus.
              But the hidden submersibles do stay hidden to MP opponents, do they not?

Comment

Yup. That's about the only use for sub special ability- to hide from the MP's. Otherwise, you might as well be broadcasting a location beacon at full blast, with the AI seeing everything. Sigh.... wish I could sneak up on them,

Comment

NorthSwordsman

Well do you want a stupid but all-seing opponent or a intelligent but not all-seing opponent?
                  It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

KnowHow2,

That is assuming that the human opponent is capable of rational planning and thought. Not all players are created equal, unfortunately. (And no, I'm not insulting YOU or anyone else for that matter, ok? )

But you make a valid point. Who needs subs against the AI anyhow? A 5 year old could beat it.

Comment

NSwordsman,

I still owe you half of an favour (for halping me out with AXT046) so sometimes further down the road, if you want, I have a duell aganist you.
                      It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

hmmm... sounds intriguing. I would have to pass at the current time, through- I'm up to my neck in 7 pbem games, 4 of which are heating up rapidly. But I will take you up on that offer when I do have a free slot, ok? A nice little war sounds great.

Comment

Does anyone know whether the AI can see cloaked ships?

Ned
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

If it works like my attempt at cloaked crawlers, an AI unit will spot 'em if they attempt to move into the same tile with 'em. That means you not only need to cloak the unit, but you need to keep it out of shipping lanes as much as possible. Not verified.

Wonder how cloaked submarines would work?
                            Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

I've found a good strategy to be building sub-carriers and loading them with planes in advance of an assault, then parking them way offshore and thumping the enemy just before my sub-transports come in and take the beachhead.

Hopefully none of the games I'm currently playing will read this thread.
                              Fifteen apparitions have I seen,
                              The worst a coat upon a coat hanger

Comment

Working...
                              X