Cure found for the Interceptor scramble bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure found for the Interceptor scramble bug

Was playing today and twice I got the terran.exe crash when my interceptor scrambled to take out an intruding penetrator.

Both times Norton Crashguard intervened in the crash, gave me the "antifreeze" option, which I hit, then the game resumed with the interception taking place as if nothing had happened.

(Must admit, too, that I've never had the interceptor scramble crash before - read about it but never experienced it - until I loaded the no-cd crack)

G.

Yes, I agree - this is what cures the bug (plus some other unrelated crashes I have noticed which seem to occur when enemy mindworms encounter one of yours).

I would count it as essential for any SMAC player, and I've used it ever since the game came out, but strangely, whenever I've suggested it on this forum, people have either ignored it or discounted as being useful....

Unfortunately, Crashguard seems to have been discontinued - Systemworks 2001 does not include it (the 2000 version can still be used though).

Comment

Goog:

1) AFAIK, disabling your wheelmouse and Anti-Virus software before you start playing is a cure.

2) I'm pretty sure that the no-cd crack .exe file is for SMACX 1.0, and if you load/copy it over your SMACX 2.0 .exe, you lose a lot of things the patch fixed. I used the crack for a while for simplicities sake, but stopped once I realized some of the patched dodads had dissapeared again.
      Fitz. (n.) Old English
      1. Child born out of wedlock.
      2. Bastard.

Comment

Fitz:

have just read again the readme.txt list of changes for version 2.0 and i confirm that they are all active with my no-cd crack (well, I haven't used the faction editor, so can't confirm if they are there, but all the others are)

G.

Comment

Working...
        X