Geosynchronus defense bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geosynchronus defense bonus

Did you know that a Geosynchronus survey pods adds a +25% defensive bonus even if a sensor also adds +25%?

Also, if you have a base with a Tachyon barrier, a GS, and a sensor, do you get +200% +25% +25% for a total of 250% bonus? Or do these multiply: 3 * 1.25 * 1.25 = 4.69?

Ned
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Each bonus is added before the next takes place, that is why high value weapons can fail to breach low armour troops in certain situations.

For example :-

1) Impact rover (4-1-2) attacks synthmetal sentinel (1-2-1) in the open. The only bonus is 25% added to the Impact rover so the 4 attack actually become a 5 attack strength (25%*4 = 1 point added) vs a 2 defence.

2) The same Impact rover attacks a synthmetal sentinel in a forest. This time the sentinel has Elite value morale. The rover gets no bonuses and has a 4 attack strength (assuming it's still green) but the sentinel gets +50% to it's defence for being in a forest (2 defence +50% = 3) and also 50% for being Elite = 4.5 overall.

So each individual bonus is totalled before the next one is calculated. This is what makes plasma shard weapons so scary - the jump up to 13 attack might not look huge but elite status makes it a 19.5 attack and the believers add a further 25% to that making it 24 attack strength. The same bonuses with Chaos guns only add up to 15 attack. I'm pretty sure the whole battle system works this way.
    Three words :- Increase your medication.

Comment

There are some exceptions. Tachyon only adds 100% to the previous areo/naval/perim defense for a total of +200%(x3), not x2x2 = x4. That is probably where the gist of Neds question comes from.

Ned, I imagine that the +25% (are you sure it aint +50%?)multiplies with the defense/sensor, for x3.125 with single defense, or x4.89 with a tachyon, but cannot confirm it. Test it in the scenario editor.
      Fitz. (n.) Old English
      1. Child born out of wedlock.
      2. Bastard.

Comment

Fitz, What I see is Tachyon +200%, Naval or whatever +100%, GS +25%, Sensor +25%.

I was surprised by the GS and Sensor being cumulative.

If these things go in order, they multiply, not add.

Ned
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

tachyon is supposed to add to the aero/naval before multiplication. I know for a fact it does with the perim defense.
          Fitz. (n.) Old English
          1. Child born out of wedlock.
          2. Bastard.

Comment

Working...
          X