New Bug in the Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bug in the Scenarios

I believe I uncovered an undocumented bug. I am using a fully patched legitimate copy of SMACX. Playing almost any of the builti-in scenarios (especially singleplayerfun.sc), when I go to build a probe team, it has turned into an alien war ogre. If I examine it in the workshop, it looks like a normal probe unit under any chaisse other than the speeder. If I switch to speeder (which is what probe teams normally are) I get a picture of the ogre with slightly scrambled graphics on the left.

Anyone else confirm this phenomenon?
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. And perhaps everyone else, too.

well not that particular one but i have noticed in the spartan/hive/believer one that native life is a bit off. for example the locusts were just grey swirls IIRC. remember the probes were something else not battle ogres though

Comment

There are definitely some weird native life bugs in SMAX... A few days ago I was playing a game and had Hybrid Forests at all my main cities except one. I started the last one building the HF, and the next turn the city produced a Mind Worm. I started making a HF again, and next turn I make a second Mind Worm instead. Then I tried rushing the HF in one turn, and for the third time in a row it gave me a Mind Worm, wasting all my extra minerals. After about four Mind Worms, I think I made some other units, then tried the HF later and it worked fine.
      To secure peace is to prepare for war.

Comment

Sparky:

Yes - just opened that particular scenario and I confirm your visuals - seems like in the weapons/probe slot there is an ogre superimposed over the probe "tentacles" - but only applies to speeder, non-armored, non-trance probe. Shift to infantry, or foil, or add armos or trance and it becomes a regular visual.

Strange

G.

Comment

Working...
        X