Does anyone have any crack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any crack...

...to avoid the CD protection thing for Alien Crossfire? Before you ask, yes I do have a legitimate copy. It's just that I've done a full install and hanging around waiting while the CD whirls up every time I want to play the game is a bit annoying, complicated by an intermittent problem I have which I think is a bug in Direct-X where it sometimes doesn't "see" any CD in the drive even though it's there. Sometimes I just hear this "tick tick tick" sound going across from one speaker to the other. Anyone else get that?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

try www.megagames.com

game Fixes, PC games, Alpha Centauri Alien Crossfire
    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

And here I thought this was going to be a cute joke ... like:

Does anyone have any crack?

Because I might as well start smoking it ... It can't be any more addictive than SMAC.
      To secure peace is to prepare for war.

Comment

...and the award for best topic title of the year goes too...damn envelope...

Comment

Dimension:

And you're absolutely correct, it IS less addictive than SMAC.
          "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
          "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
          "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

My lawyer will call your lawyer...

I was up till about ten to six this morning playing SMAC. Just one more turn and one more turn etc. I had thought I might go to my friend's brother's memorial service this morning (he died about a week ago) but I never got there.

I've had a funny thought. I wonder if anyone has tried to sue Sid Meier for loss of sleep, loss of apetite, loss of job, breakup of marriage etc etc. And would they win?

It might make a good plot for Ally McBeal in any case. Sid could guest star in it as himself. The title of that week's show? How about Sid Meier's Ally McBeal?
            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
            Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Sid Meier is not Ally McBeal. She is played by Flockista Callhart I believe.

Comment

I have one that I use- I think I got it from www.gamecopyworld.com

It works great, except you can't use a desktop shortcut to run terranx.exe. (you have to go into the AC folder and click directly on the executable)

Don't ask me why not, it just doesn't work any other way. But besides that, its a charm!

Comment

Working...
                X