Prototype morale bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype morale bonus

I have not seen a thread on this, so i wondered if many players had noticed.
    My first prototype of each new combat unit has a 1 level morale bonus over subsequent units.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

I believed that it is a documented feature . Thanks for the reminder though.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Not only have I noticed this, I count on it! Especially in the early game.

I strive to prototype new weapons and armor on a rover chassis and use these "higher-than-average-for-my-empire morale" units to combat the native units that show up around the fringes of my empire.

If I can get away with it, I'll sometimes wait until I can put up a CC before I build most of my prototypes. Also, post D:AP or MMI, I will stop prototyping weapons on rover chassis' and begin using airframes, esp. at a base with an AC.

Also, IIRC, the first time you build a particular chassis type (land-sea-air), that is also considered a prototype and results in the morale increase. This feature dissapears when certain techs are discovered, e.g. the tech discovery "auto-prototypes" a particular chassis. I don't know for sure which techs do this for each chassis type. I believe that PlaNets does this for the rover chassis.

Another thing is that prototyping both a weapon and an armor on the same unit only results in 1 morale level increase. This is fine if you need to prototype stuff quickly, but you loose out on haveing the morale increased on more than one unit.
      "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
      "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
      "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

I'm playing a doctrine:defense game (ala Vel style) and every rover I have is a prototype. Missed Gatling only so far, as it was auto-protyped by Missles.

1 each of Laser, Impact, Missile, Chaos, Synthmetal, Plasma, Silksteel.

All 7 are now clean Chaos Silksteel.

Unfortunately, IIRC prototyping Plasma also get the Res & Pulse versions, so you can't get another two out of those armors, and missile protypes Res-lasers.
        Fitz. (n.) Old English
        1. Child born out of wedlock.
        2. Bastard.

Comment

Chassis are prototyped automatically when a pre-designed unit with the chassis is researched.
          Infantry - No pre-req(Scout Patrol, CP)
          Rover - Plan.Nets (probe team, which uses Rover)
          Foil - Doc.Flex (Transport Foil, which uses Foil)

Prehaps Locusts prototype air chassis? I know you only need to prototype one air chassis to prototype them all.

However, I have noticed an anomoly where in the later game new weapons get prototyped automatically, and I can swear I havn't mind controlled any units which use said weapon.

Comment

yeah, this makes sense because prototype, or experimental units or weapons are only given to elite units.

Comment

Working...
            X