No announcement yet.

Deidre Planetbustered me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhhh yes....there was a particularly nasty exchange between Lal + Dee vs. Yang + Miriam.....I think in all, nearly a dozen nukes were launched, while I kept my Morganite head down, and terraformed the daylights out of my coast!

When the radioactive dust settled, I was the only one who still had a continent, thanks to rising sea levels...sheesh!

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Yeah, Deirdre was the first AI faction to PB me as well. It was back in my early days of SMAC, and I really didn't pay too much attention to what the other factions were doing. Luckily, I wasn't the SP hog I've become so I didn't lose too much, three bases if I remember correctly. She was way ahead of everyone on a huge map. Nice continent ringed with sea bases. I was in the process of invading, making hard-won headway... It's nice to be the Spartans sometimes! I remember being like "WTF was that!" Couldn't put it together at first, just saw the nice new pond where Assassin's Redoubt used to be... The second and last time it was Zakharov. I was Morgan, and had conquered Dee on the way to his lands. Was using a former gaian base as a staging area, almost my whole army in the area. Boom! Needless to say it took a lot longer to take him out... But I learned a valuable lesson about spacing out your forces when under threat of nuclear attack!

Just thought I'd add that Deirdre without exception has always been the toughest AI faction, on average anyway, in all of my games. Especially if left alone for a while! And the ONLY faction to ever attempt becoming supreme leader, nearly succeeding! 'Course she's my favorite to play, so I don't face her that often...
      Last edited by vitamin j; September 27, 2001, 11:03.

Comment

Allow me to introduce you to The diplomat's rule #1:

Never Ever Ever Ever use Planet Busters!

If you remember this rule, you will avoid this little unfortunate problem.
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
          Allow me to introduce you to The diplomat's rule #1:

Never Ever Ever Ever use Planet Busters!

If you remember this rule, you will avoid this little unfortunate problem.
          I beg to differ!

Esp. when they are in hands of the artificial idiot...
          ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
          ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Working...
          X