Pentium 4 and Alpha Centauri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentium 4 and Alpha Centauri

I currently own a Pentium 4 system, and when I play the updated version, i get an error; that the game will not support the processor; continue anyway? i hit yes, and it crashes. when i copy all the files in the update, except terrran.exe, so i'd get all pic and txt file updates, but then i get no functionality updates, e.g. mouse scrolling, manifold nexus, and custom map size. with the update installed in this semi-way, it will pop up while loading a blank screen with two small blue-outlined rectangles, in the middle, next to each other. thats it. but i hit the left one, and it works, the right one quits. im assuming this is only saying it is incompatible with my cpu. Is there any way I could have ALL the updates, like the mouse scrolll that i need SOOO much, installed, but have it work? what can i do? i hate this...
    -Xenos

Dunno if this will help, but there is a thing mentioned in the readme about a "ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm"-line in the Alpha Centauri.ini-file.

I *think* I heard about someone using that trick and made it work with the Pentium 4. I´m not sure though.

If you can´t find the reference in the readme, post here and I´ll try and dig it up for you (I don´t have it handy right now).

HTH.
    Ced.

Comment

Per the readme file, change a AlphaCentauri.ini file line
      ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=0

to

ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Thank you!

It worked. Thanks a lot! I have been very frustrated since January, when I switched to a P4 system. Thank you!
        -Xenos

Comment

^

Comment

Working...
          X