Development Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development Time

I don't keep track, so does anyone know about how long AC was in development? Where did it originate, Firaxis or Microprose?

I'm asking because Pax Imperia (sp) suffered the fate of business trouble and turned out to be a mediocre experiance a while back. I'm not saying Alpha Centauri is bad, but I'm curious as to its history. Also, the more dev time, the more they worked on the engine as opposed to a civ2 clone.

post anything, it's all news to me.

As far as I know, Smac originated at Firaxis.
    As far as I know, there are no public plans to make a SMAC 2 at this point.

Pax I was an excellent game with a lot of potential.
    Pax II ended up being sold around and then rushed. It was a horrible clone of MOO II in the end. A rare case of a game sequel following the trend of movie sequels.

-Smack
    Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb

Comment

Originally posted by Smack
      As far as I know, there are no public plans to make a SMAC 2 at this point.

-Smack
      True, but there are secret plans, it's just a question of when......

I once read last year or so That AC's complete time development was something like 4 full years, including the initial designs from Brian Reynolds. Maybe it's exaggerated, but if it's the full programming time at Firaxis you're interested into, look for 2 years ( 1997 and 1998 ).
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

two years, not bad.

I'm pretty sure AC did come straight out of Firaxis, a civ followup IIRC following their initial company releases of Gettysburg and Antietam. Out of curiosity, did Pax sell well, Smack?

Comment

Working...
        X