Any "Earth" User Made Maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any "Earth" User Made Maps?

I was wondering if anyone has made a "Earth" map for Alpha Centauri? I think it would be a great idea to prepare for Civ 3, by playing an Earth game with AC.
    "Calm down Nedlydidlydidlydidly. They did their best Shodidlyidlyidly.
    "The Butcher with the Sharpest knife, has the warmest heart." "Mitchell!!"

Well, I think someone has already made one. Should be in the SMAC downloads section of this site. Problem is, most of the land is < 1000m, so if there's significant global warming, you're in trouble. That, and there's no Unity pods.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

You can also get it from the maps page of the Spartan Chronicles site:

Easy to use website building tool for your professional or personal website and blog, web hosting, domain registration, email and more at Tripod.com!

G.

Comment

yes. i remember seeing at least one in the archives when i was transferring them...
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

With all respect, but it's a lousy map. Only the distinction between land and sea is made. There is no realistic rockiness, forests, rivers, elevation etcetera placed. I know where, in my humble opinion, you can find a much better Earth map. Take a look in the download sections of the Network Node and Chironian Guild sites. Unfortunately you can't download it from Apolyton - MarkG doesn't seem to accept SMAC files anymore. Anyway, in case you download it, please tell me what you think of the map!

Since I'm busy promoting the Earth map, I'll also promote a few others... On the same sites you can download a small Chiron map and a Mars map and accompanying minor scenario. Though the scenario is in urgent need of an update. Should send the update through some time...
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Though the scenario is in urgent need of an update. Should send the update through some time...
            I'll take your word for that .

LoD
            I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
            LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
            civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

I'm currently playtesting a sequel on the Mars scenario, where the spaceship Olympus, fleeing from the nano invasion on Mars, crashes on a moon near a Jovian type planet, and encounters alien life there. Wanna have it after I'm done?

Comment

Has a doubt about that actually crossed your mind ?

LoD
                I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D

Comment

You'll get it soon. Perhaps this or next weekend.

Comment

Alright, I'll be waiting for your e-mail .

Comment

I do agree that the Earth map on this site is lousy; i'll download those maps as soon as i get my new computer...
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                      X