Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone give me some tips on city management?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone give me some tips on city management?

Please ....

The micro management is driving me crazy and as for terraforming arrrghhhhhhhh
    (+1)

I don't think I can offer you good news of the variety that you're seeking - there's got to be a lot of micro-management in bases and on the field, if you want to keep good "effeciency," so to speak. Turning the reins of the bases over to governers and allowing units to exercise autonomy is, at best, an inefficient use of these resources. At worst - disastrous.

My preference for easing the micro-management burden is using the base build queue. Loading queues, either manually or with previously saved templates, is a terrific tedium-saver.

I've also had limited success with governers, but only by restricting them to building regular infrastructural improvements (no SP's), and activating them only at strategically unimportant bases for which I have no immediate plans other than population growth.

The automation of units is a topic of ongoing discussion - when and what types shall we automate? The general concensus is that unit automation is not such a great thing. There's other threads that deal extensively with automated formers, ships, aircraft... What's sometimes revealed in these threads is that automated units don't necessarily behave the way you'd hope or expect, but that they have certain idiosyncrasies of which you may take advantage. This does nothing to alleviate your micro-management aversion, but there you are then.
    "Minding Your Business Since 1991"

Comment

Oh god. I'll just have to stop building cities.

Thanks for confirming myh worst fears

(+1)

Comment

Working...
      X