No new copies of SMAX to be made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No new copies of SMAX to be made

An e-mail response from Firaxis syas that the Publisher of SMAX, EA games is not planning to make any more copies of SMAX.
    Snarf up what used spares you can find now.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Damn, I should of stockpiled it when possible. Would get a good price for them now IMO. I'm a happy owner, from the infinitely small market of Finland . I go it only three months ago and now it seems I was pretty darn lucky. And BTW, it wasn't a Planet. Pack, it was just the AX pack.
    Are they going to do Planetary Packs anymore, Lefty?
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Since the planetary pact is just the two games packaged together, I assume this means means no. Tha answer in the e-mail was a "canned" response (to the x number of most ask questions) and no elaboration is available. It is posted in some FAQ at Firaxis.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Thanks Lefty, thats too bad
        Hopefully the AX problem won't cause any major trouble at multiplaying.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Now my 50 copies will be of value. I will sell them and use then to conquer the world and smite everyone who is not me or who is not a very attractive lady willing to perform any sexual favor I wish.
          Mother ****ing goddamn ass chewing, **** sucking son of a *****

Comment

oh crap! better hurry up on that sensor array and tachyon field i'm building outside my house .

seriously though i just got my copy about a week and a half ago, from a place that is mentioned in some thread from a couple pages down. they weren't sold out!

Comment

Originally posted by Venom
              Now my 50 copies will be of value. I will sell them and use then to conquer the world and smite everyone who is not me or who is not a very attractive lady willing to perform any sexual favor I wish.

I have SMAX! And so do many many others! We shall fight back, Venom! We are the antidote! Viva la resistance!

TKG, I didn't say they were sold out, (then again i did mention something like that). Oh heck, now I am debating and contradicting myself...

Comment

most places are sold out though, like chips & bits and firaxis

Comment

I wonder if that means it can be assumed that SMAC and SMAX are now officially "abandon-ware" that can be made available for download at somewhere like Underdogs?

Comment

Any UK/Euro residents - I got my copy of SMAX a couple of weeks back from amazon.co.uk - it took a couple of days to arrive - and they still claim to "dispatch within 24 hours".

So that's me happy.
                    Slocombe
                    "Good? Is 'e good? 'E's a fackin' liability!"

Comment

Working...
                    X