Air-to-air vs. unarmed units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air-to-air vs. unarmed units

How does an unarmed air unit, such as a Gravship Former, Transport, or Supply perform when attacked? Are the odds maxed out, such as 65535:1? Can they disengage if they have a movement advantage?
    "Minding Your Business Since 1991"

The defense is based on the armor class, 1 thru 12. In addition, a class 1 (no armor) that is unarmed (no offensive weapon) is reduce to a value of 1/2. I have never seen an air unit disengaged, I do not believe that they do so.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

They don't stand a chance. Period.
      "What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a God! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!" - Shakespeare

Comment

Ive had a former defeat a needlejet once when attacked. But my formaer had Elite Morale and Armor 4. I admit though, it is rare for me to see this happen.
        I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

Comment

Do elite formers get an extra move?
          "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
          "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
          - Pekka

Comment

Not that ive noticed. I believe the moves depends on your chasis. If you got the marine SP you get 2 extra moves however.
            I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

Comment

My elite super fusion rover formers (Santiago, command nexus, cyborg factory) had 3 movement rather than 2.
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

My former and other non combat units do not get a morale boost from monoliths, nor can the get the trained special charateristic. Thus ii is difficult for the other factions to get elite formers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                  My former and other non combat units do not get a morale boost from monoliths, nor can the get the trained special charateristic. Thus ii is difficult for the other factions to get elite formers.
                  There are Fundy (+1) and Power (+2) to boost the morale in addition to the Command Center/Nexus and the Bioenhancement Centers/Cyborg Factory. Power, at least would equal the Spartans +2 morale bonus.

Despite a recent thread, I don't quite understand them, but I believe that Childrens Creches may also give morale boosts, at least under some circumstances. Regarding non-combatants, they might be boosted while in the sphere of influence of the Creche at least, and maybe additionally if built and/or homed there.

Navy Yards/Maritime and Aero/Cloudbase also boost civilian craft morale in their respective domains in the same fashion as Command & Bioenhancement facilities do for the land units.

AFAIK, any elite unit gets the extra movement.

Comment

Elite formers are very handy --this is a significant faction advantage for the Spartans. Also, any faciton can get this by running Power/Thought Control (which can be done without penalty after getting Cloning Vats!).
                    Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                    http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

For defense, note that a fusion sea former can have plasma steel armor for no extra cost.

Comment

Working...
                      X