Brood Pits, Children's Creche's, Morale vs. Life Cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fitz
    Childrens Creche gives a +1 morale level to units homed to that base, regardless of location.
    Thanks for that clarification. So if I built a unit in a base without a Creche, then sent it to a different base which does have a Creche and home it there, does it gain morale? And what about the reverse direction? I've seen rehomed units lose morale, but I've never seen a rehomed unit gain morale.

Comment

Fitz, Thanks for the examples. I now believe that I see no negative effects from Wealth, other than for units built under wealth, is because they are generally homed in bases with CC's.

Now, if you could, explain to me what the manual means when it says about Brood Pits,

"Acts as a Children's Creche for native units, if there is not already one at the base."

Ned
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
        Now, if you could, explain to me what the manual means when it says about Brood Pits,

"Acts as a Children's Creche for native units, if there is not already one at the base."

Ned
        Ned,

That is plain governmentese. And it explains the effects that people are seeing on mindworms, etc. If there is no Children's Creche at the base then if a Brood Pit is established in that base it will act on native life that same as a Children's Creche would except that the Brood Pit only effects the native life while the CC affects both human and native life.

So there may be slightly different overall effects on the Human units than there is on the native life if you build a CC. But a CC will work on both types of units while a Brood Pit only works on native life and only to the same extent that a CC would. There also may be comulative effects if you build both. I don't know since I very rarely build any native life units.

This translation brought to you courtisy of a former Documentation Creation Technician.

Ken

Comment

The last time a question like this came up, back in January, I tested all the situations I could think of involving Children's Creches. Repost:

These are the morale effects of the Children's Creche:

It does not affect the halving of beneficial training effects from Command Centres, Bioenhancement Centres etc.

It affects the basic morale of a fresh unit if you have a Morale SE setting of -1 or -2; in that case fresh units are Green instead of Very Green. (They are still Very Green at -3 or -4 Morale SE.) Bonuses due to facilities are added to this base.

Units in the base square get a temporary positive morale modifier, shown as a series of '+', as follows:

-4 or less Morale SE: (++++)
          -3: (+++)
          -2: (++)
          -1: (++)
          0 or greater: (+)

This modifier works both in attack and defence. Note that the bonus given is the number of negative morale shifts (which is different from SE value!) +1, which is what the datalinks mean when they say that negative morale modifiers are ignored and units instead get a +1 morale modifier.

(These are not the only ways to get (+) after a unit's morale. Very Green units always have one (+), which works only on defence. It is superseded by the bonus above. If you have a +2 or +3 Morale SE, your units get an extra morale bonus on defence, which is marked the same way, and is cumulative with the bonus above.)

None of the bonuses depend on your territory. They either apply everywhere (in the case of the basic morale level adjustment) or only in the base square (in the case of the temporary bonus).

Comment

Working...
          X