Preventing Probes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EtheMind
    And don't worry about unflagged probes. That's how it's suppose to be, at least, according to Firaxis, and I agree. Probes usually don't wear flags indicating their ideological commitment while in covert operations.
    If you right click on the sqaure and select info about square it will tell you who it belongs to.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

EtheMind -- You're right, the probe on the infantry chassis is simply used to save time, minerals, and energy. It allows for the exact same defensive characteristics minus the ability to move far, but on an offensive mission they suffer the set back of only moving one tile a turn. I tend to build them in coastal bases that I feel have a greater chance of being probed by an exploring probe foil. For the cost of one probe foil you can get two infantry chassis probes that should provide adaquete defense. They're alos nice to rush build in newly captured bases so that the enemy doesn't just probe the base and all your units out from under you.

Comment

If you right click on the sqaure and select info about square it will tell you who it belongs to
        I know. Guess they aren't as smart as they think they are

They're alos nice to rush build in newly captured bases so that the enemy doesn't just probe the base and all your units out from under you.
        Well, that's a real application. Probe teams aren't that cheap, especially in the early game. Offensive probing against newly taken base is a serious threat even when playing against AI.
        "What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a God! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!" - Shakespeare

Comment

I gather that infantry probe teams become useful in conjunction with armor.

Take a look at Sikander and Ogie's comments in a thread called:
          "Armored Probe Teams Revisited"

You can get their via:
          "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
          "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
          - Pekka

Comment

Having visited the preferred address I can admit that I never came to thought that armor and probes would make good friends. But now it looks like one of the most essential base defense techniques for any faction.
            "What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a God! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!" - Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
            X