AX succesion game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AX succesion game

Over in the CivII threads, the civers there are playing their game in 'succesion' style- each player plays for about 20 turns, then hands the save game over to the next player in line. Who here would be interested in doing this with Alien Crossfire?

I am thinking we can use medium settings across the board, and we could get several games started at once, so as to keep us all busy. We each would get to play 20 turns in each game, but games that have a large number of bases, or that have passed a set year, would be limited to 10 year turns per player (or something of that sort).

Sounds interesting. Everyone plays the same faction against AI factions? If not, how does it work?

- Scipio
    Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

Yes! We would each take turns playing the one faction in single-player mode. When the game comes around to you, you will have to deal with the blessings or curses bestowed upon you from the previous ruler, and then hand down your heritage to the player coming after you in line. This would keep happening until the game is finished- either won or lost by the last player.

I am thinking that everyone would get a copy of the .sav file that is to be passed to the next player, so everyone in participating can see the progress (degress?) being made.

Once enough people sign up (I am thinking 7 to 10 players, maybe?), we will start some games, and start passing the .sav files around every 10 to 20 turns, in order of succession.

Comment

I'm all for it.
        It hurts to be on the cutting edge!

Comment

I'd be interested too.

Comment

Ok, that makes 3 of us so far. I'm sure there will be more coming along soon.

Comment

Might wanna bump this over to the multiplaying threads...I'd play a SMAC version, but SMAX is a tech I don't have.

-Smack
              Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb

Comment

I had to think about where to start this thread. And though I did consider posting this in the multiplayer forum, that forum is flooded by the tournament and MP turn confirmation posts. Plus, we are not really playing this as a standard multiplayer game, so I felt the general forum was the best place to inject the idea.

As far as doing a SMAC succession game: I am personally not interested in playing SMAC. But you are, of course, free to start your own SMAC succession game.

Comment

I am interested.

Comment

I'm very much interested! One word though: I don't have SMAX neither (I only have standard v4 SMAC).
                    ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                    ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

OK. We have about 5 of us ready to go, but I think at least 2 more will be a good start (and we can add more later, or whatever).

For those of you without the AX expansion, we can start a SMAC game as well (I won't be playing that, though). So everyone who is ready to play a SMAX succession game, confirm it now!

I am thinking what we can do is this: I will start a game with Lal, medium settings, Thinker level (??) on SMAX. I will play turns 1 through 20, but not complete turn 20. Instead, I will save the game when I finish the turn, but the player to recieve the turn will actually hit 'end turn' (to give them a chance to review the game state, and make changes if they want). They will then play turns 21 through 40 (M.Y. 2121 to 2140) and will finish turn 40, but not hit the 'end turn' button. They will then save the game, and then email the save file to the next player in turn. We will continue doing this until the game ends. If, however, our civ starts to become too large, we will shrink the number of turns we each play. I am not sure when or by how much we should do this, so let's just feel it out- we can be democratic about choosing the time and method of shortening each of our 'reigns' in this game.

I am also going to start a thread in the multiplayer forum for us titled 'AXS001' for us to post in when we send the save file off to the next player in line, and for us to have a place to inquire about game status and such. I will start the thread as soon as we get a couple more players though.

The turn order will be the order in which people responded in this thread. Thus far the order is:

Me
                      Scipio
                      Commodore
                      johndmuller
                      Tau Ceti

Hopefully we will get a few more players very shortly.

Once we get the first game going, we can start other games with different factions and settings!

Comment

Add me to the list for SMAX!

This sounds like fun!

What are the primary styles of the people we currently have?

- Walt

Comment

Yea, I guess at 20 turns a pop with a half dozen players, the game should fit into my schedule. Count me in!

Why not have everyone just play out their 20th game turn, hit TURN COMPLETE and then immediately save the 21st turn w/o playing it?

I take it we will each be responsible for any required diplomacy during our own 'watch'?

- Scipio
                          brperry@pacbell.net

PS. I wouldn't sweat it too much if someone inadvertantly plays a turn less or a turn more than they're supposed to, though.

PPS. My playing style with Lal is arrogant pacifistic coward!? Just kidding. I'ld say cautious builder style fits me.
                          Last edited by Scipio Centaurus; July 14, 2001, 15:43.
                          Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

ok now that sounds good.

HOWEVER!

i cannot play cuz i don't have smax. but what if someone wanted to run police state? you should probably change it so that the PKers can do that just in case.

Comment

I play Lal as a Builder, generally. Settings sound fine by me.

TKG, read all of Anunikoba's post, he'll start a SMAC game too.

I'll only do the SMAX one, though.
                              It hurts to be on the cutting edge!

Comment

Working...
                              X