MP factions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP factions?

I AM NEW TO THE GAME AND WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO PLAY MULTI-PLAYER GAMES WITH CUSTOM FACTIONS.

Technically I don't know if you can and on top of that you'd might be hard pressed to find people who'd want to play against you.

Comment

I would be playing with friends who don't really care.

Comment

Ahhh... What I think you would have to do then is add that faction to each of your friends computers. Just a guess though...

Comment

WE,

IIRC, only the individual who sets up the game, if it is a PBEM/HotSeat, needs to have the custom faction loaded. Since once the game is started, all the game data/faction info/ect. is loaded into the game file that gets passed around.

Now IP games may be as you say. I have never played one of those, so I can't comment on that.
          "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
          "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
          "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

For IP/LAN games:

First of all, you have to have SMACX. I don't know a way to implement custom factions into MP in regular SMAC.

Secondly, all you need is for the host to have the factions on his computer, and only, AFAIK, through the ACEdit program.

Then, the factions should be there to choose normally, with the other 14. In addition, the factions may be chosen should you decide to randomize a faction.
            We're back!
            http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Working...
            X