strange thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange thing

Whats the strangest thing thats ever happened to you whilst playing smax?

Well, earlier i was having an enjoyable game as the Consciousness. Pact with morgan, Drones eradicated, peace with Gaians and pirates. Lal was paying the price for betryal. Everything was going fine, then suddenly my Pactmate Spartans probed me. I then got the "you have rescued a faction leader blah blah blah" message. Apparently I had rescued myself, and swore a pact to serve myself. My once prosperous faction had been reduced to several colony pods on a tiny island. Wierd! Rest assured that the auto save was quickly used.

Well when I was playing SMAC once with random faction adgendas ON, Yang was Pro Democracy, Deidre was Pro Free Market, and Morgan was Pro Green. After that I stopped playing with random adgendas.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." -- Commisioner Pravin Lal, U.N. Declaration of Rights
    "A ship at sea is its own world. To be captain of that ship is to be the sole and absolute ruler of that world." -- Colonel Corozan Santiago

Comment

At war with myself....

As the Pirates I once attacked a Hive seabase (He had just taken the base from Lal a turn before) and while doing so, I caputured the lone foil guarding the base. I then attempted to enter the base with my second missile cruiser and instead of taking the base, I ended up fighting the foil I had just captured. So for a while I was fighting myself. In another game I was again the pirates and ended up capturing a transport and its occupents while inside a Hive base.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I had something similar happen to me. Playing as Svensgaard, I was pacted with Aki Zeta-5. Unfortunately, I was forced to obliterate a base which she had given to me not long ago and was still in the Captured Base stage. She summarily cancelled the Pact and declared war.
        The odd thing was, her only base left was Alpha Prime, which I was forced to garrison during a war between Aki and Roze. My garrison was not removed from the base or returned to my closest city.
        She had about two units herself, so I moved one of my sets of demon boil mindworms out of Alpha Prime and tried to attack her. Unfortunately, I had left another set of mindworms inside Alpha Prime, and they ended up fighting each other! Very odd!
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

i had a probe team inside a pact brothers base (well it was a submissive) and i thought i would steal some energy and frame someone for it so i took another probe to the base. i move into it and then we get a probe battle going on. my 2 elite probes are destroying each other. damn!

then there's that 5 or 6 transports full of elite shard shock troops and trained tachyon rovers disappearing. very bad.

Comment

Working...
          X