CPU not supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU not supported

This is the error message I get. I have a P4 and am running Windows ME. It will not let me play the game (SMACX PP) at all.

Any idea why?

I have a Pentium 4 computer and am receiving an error saying that my processor is not supported.

You will need to modify a line in the Alpha Centauri.ini that is located in the game folder. To do this:

Double clicking on My Computer
    Double Click on the C: Drive (your Hard Drive or the drive that the game is installed to)
    Double Click on the Program Files Folder
    Double Click on the Firaxis Games Folder
    Double click on the Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri Folder]
    Double Click on the Alpha Centauri.ini File (The file looks like a read me text file with a little gold symbol on it).
    Once the File is open Change the ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=0 Line to ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1
    Be sure to save your changes
    Run the game

You may still receive the error message. If if occurs, click OK and the game will load fine.

(Taken from www.firaxis.com)

Comment

Wow! Thanks a bunch! I went to their site but did not look hard enough. I can't wait to try it!

Comment

The forceold/voxelalgorithim change is documented in the troubleshooting part of manual and the read me IIRC, for conflict with other older CPUs. There is a procedure documented there for changing its value.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I just wanted to report that it worked. I happily SMACXed into the night. The coffee shop where I just bought a triple espresso thanks you as well.

Comment

Working...
          X