ideal settings for a perfect game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideal settings for a perfect game

which settings (difficulty, factions, world size, custom rules etc) do u think make a perfect game of smax?

what's the point of having a perfect game? you'll just get bored of it by turn 2170 or so. Uncertainty is what keeps the game alive and me on my toes.

p.s: same principle can also be used to pick up girls
    Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Well I don't really have a "perfect" setting, I always use random factions, but the settings I like to use are:
      Custom Map: 128x256
      Dense Cloud Cover
      Rare Native Life
      30-50% Ocean
      Average Errosive Forces
      All Victories ON
      Do or Die ON
      Look First ON
      Tech Stag OFF
      Spoils of War OFF
      Blind Research OFF
      Intense Rivalry OFF
      World Map NOT visible
      Pods ARE scattered
      Bell Curve ON
      Time Warp OFF
      Iron Man OFF
      Randomize Stuff OFF
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." -- Commisioner Pravin Lal, U.N. Declaration of Rights
      "A ship at sea is its own world. To be captain of that ship is to be the sole and absolute ruler of that world." -- Colonel Corozan Santiago

Comment

I too endorse worlds larger than huge. They remind me more of CIV. I am currently using worlds of 140x120. This puts some distance between factions, allows lots of ocean, and promotes a builder type game.

I like weak erosive forces. This provides mountainous terrain.

I like double blind research - the game is really unpredictable.

Finally Transcend-Ironman for difficulty.

Ned
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Gimmie a desert anyday.

Size: Huge (I don't go bigger)
          Water%: Medium or High
          Erosion: High (almost no tiles above 1999)
          Rainfall: Sparse (Dry, doubly dry because of flat land)
          Native life: Either Abudundant (hostile planet) or Rare (further promotes the "desert" theme, no planetpearl cash)

Then no pod scattering, no random events.

edit: Playing those settings could be considered "perfect" if you want a challenge (or are me), or a cruel and unusal punishment if your used to rainy/low erosion worlds
          Last edited by Blake; June 17, 2001, 18:44.

Comment

but....

nothing's perfect
            Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
            Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
            "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

I turn economic victory off because the algorithim breaks when the opponents go over a certain number of cities or population. The amount of money required suddenly resets from astronomical down to zero. it may be related to alogorith for the domininace LINE (not bar) chart which I have seen in a huge builder/run up the score game I have seen bottom twice as the population ran up.
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
              X