Best mix of factions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mix of factions

I just got the Alien Crossfire expansion and I wanted to know what you all thought the best mix of factions from the original game and the expansion was. I just can't find that perfect combination.

Jonny

Caretakers, Usurpers, Hive, Beliviers, Spartans, Cult

& yourself playing a builder factuin

University, Cyborgs, Morganites, Gaians, Peacekeepers, Angels

& yourself playing the Beliviers (without using probes )

or the easiest opponents.

Morganites, Cult, University, Pirates, Peacekeepers, Angels

& yourself playing any of the other ones

It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

I HATE being attacked by other factions, so the best combo for as little war as possible (unless YOU choose) is...
      Consciousness (you)
      Angels
      Morganites
      Gaians
      Peacekeepers
      Pirates
      University
      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

The first seven facions are the best mix in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteElephants
          The first seven facions are the best mix in my opinion.
          For the last couple of months this is the combo that I have used. I have SMAX and like the new factions but the original list seems to be the natural combination. I think the Pirates fit in well against any six of the original factions though.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

If you are a real glutton for punishment, try what Blake and I have been experimenting with in the thread "Rebalancing SMACX factions."

Back up factions txt files and Alpahax.txt.

Using either the faction editor or notepad, edit the text files as follows:

Reset all factions to -1,0,1,1,1 on the parameter line in their .txt definitions. This makes them all "Pacifist" with an interest in discovery, technology and growth.

Give them each a starting former.

Change the settings for Power and Fundy in the Alphax.txt to add +1 police.

Optionally, preforest your world by creating a map yourself and dotting it with forests. The forests grow naturally.

Take Domai or Miriam.

AI: Zakarov, Aki, Diedre, LAL, Rose and Yang or the Cult.

Play Transcend.

If you win, report back. It will be a miracle.

Ned
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
            X