No announcement yet.

Favourite Faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother Lal just strikes me as pretty obnoxious, but the PK's are definitely the best faction for OCC. When you've got a size 40 base in a constant Golden Age, you can play OCC like it was just a regular game
    To secure peace is to prepare for war.

Comment

• It's good that there're a (fairly) broad range of opinions on favorite factions. Sometimes games make some of the characters totally anti-sympathetic.

For me the Wealth + Golden Age trick requires too much micromanagement. It's easier (and more fun) to use Free Market. I believe in militaristic capitalism based on education and knowledge anyway, so the only configuration that doesn't give me an itchy feeling down my spine is Democracy/Free Market/Knowledge/Thought Control.

I haven't played the Gaians for too long, and I actually like them. The computer-controlled greenies still do good against SMAX factions, so hopefully I can replicate that.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• The Spartans make FM viability with offensive opps. They start with +1 police. Add the Astectic Virtues, +2. Subtract 5 for FM, -3. Add +2 for Brood Pits, -1. This setting actually permits the use of one police unit in FM! One can then run Knowledge and Cyber to really kick in the research while your units, with Santiago's +2 morale are all born elite. Some combination. Ned
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• The Believers find your lack of faith disturbing.

Go Orange!!

Comment

• bump^
            It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

• Just let it die!!!!!
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Monkeyman, I find the Pirates the single most difficult faction to play. They have low efficiency and cannot easily pop boom. To get enough energy, they have to FM. But this just kills their naval advantages. A real problem. Not enjoyable at all. Ned
                Ned, I played my most succesful game EVER with the pirates. I started next to the Shallows, and I just kept on growing. I beat Santiago into a submission pact once I had a good land military, followed by Morgan, I made friends with Cha Dawn, and by the end of of all (at the end of the tech tree, with all the Sps) I was making over 5000 ECs PER TURN, PLUS something like 3000 votes and about 2/3 of all the ocean, using Demo/Green/Knowledge/Cyber, never switching out of it. And you tell me they are difficult to play.

Comment

• Yeah, They are my least favorite faction. I struggle with these guys. Ned

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

Ned, I played my most succesful game EVER with the pirates. I started next to the Shallows, and I just kept on growing. I beat Santiago into a submission pact once I had a good land military, followed by Morgan, I made friends with Cha Dawn, and by the end of of all (at the end of the tech tree, with all the Sps) I was making over 5000 ECs PER TURN, PLUS something like 3000 votes and about 2/3 of all the ocean, using Demo/Green/Knowledge/Cyber, never switching out of it. And you tell me they are difficult to play.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Got to go with the pirates. Whats not to like about pillaging and burning?

Comment

• pirates! cover the map with water cities, plus terraforming isnt quite the PITA it is on land.

Comment

• bump^
                        It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

• Went with the gaians, who I most closely resemble in ideology. Plus, green's my favorite color....
                          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

• Morgan all the way, there is no better thing than money.
                            Money can buy a military, money funds science , money is power!
                            Just read Michael Ely's books and read about Morgan's bases, even the jail cells are extravagant.
                            Get off my land you peacekeeping son of a....-Morgan Entertainment

Comment

• Morgan all the way, he has a lot of money.
                              Money can buy an army, money funds science, money is power!.
                              Have you people read Michael Ely's books?, read the description of Morgan's bases, even the jailcells are extravagant.

Comment

• What in the? So it did post the first one after all!
                                I did not think it did so i wrote a new one, oh well! one more for the post count.

Comment

Working...
                                X