Favourite Faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the drones

i just like what they stand for. fight the power, yo! and of course their fast building.

i also enjoy playing the data angels and i think the consciousness has the coolest looking buildings. santiago as a hybrid/builder is interesting too.
    drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

I always hated the Believers and Data Angels, but I realized that they were actually both really good and I just hated them because their pictures were so ugly and stupid looking.

The Believers are really good at getting your neighbors into submissive pacts fast, and then they become great builders because each city can support 1 defender and 3 formers for free.

It's also more fun playing a faction that isn't totally overpowered, and everybody likes probe teams, making the Data Angels a lot of fun, too.

So, if anybody wants some new art for the Believers / Data Angles, here's the pictures I made. Rose McGowan as the Believers, and Linda Evangelista (with some wings a la Photoshop) is the Data Angels.

Attached Files
      To secure peace is to prepare for war.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And while I'm spamming this thread, I suppose I might as well upload my nice picture of Salma Hayek for the Spartans

Attached Files

Comment

Definitely the peacekeepers.

They have the most flexibility, lots of happiness and pop, and a huge bonus towards a diplomatic victory.

Comment

And BTW, those all use the SMAX palette, so they don't look right if you try to use them in regular SMAC.

Here's one for all you lame Star Trek fans...

Attached Files

Comment

I dont have smaX yet but id probably like the drones more than the hive, because

a. I love what they stand for... so tough to choose between marxism and anarchy
                b. Industry is my thing, and they build even FASTER than the hive. AWESOME!

but charman Yang still rules

Comment

Lal, with the HGP, is simply unbelievable both in terms of growth and productivity. This is the easiest faction to pop boom. It is the easiest faction to use Wealth + GA for the +2 econ without FM. At to top that off, he gets double the votes at the Planetary Council.

A great faction through and through with virtually no downsides.

In virtually every SP game where LAL is an opponent, LAL normally is governor and is my toughest opponent overall.

Ned
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Lal, with the HGP, is simply unbelievable both in terms of growth and productivity. This is the easiest faction to pop boom. It is the easiest faction to use Wealth + GA for the +2 econ without FM. At to top that off, he gets double the votes at the Planetary Council.

A great faction through and through with virtually no downsides.

In virtually every SP game where LAL is an opponent, LAL normally is governor and is my toughest opponent overall.

Ned
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I guess I'd have to say the Gaians, just 'cause I like their ideology and the way their bases look. They're also good in the early game. You actually WANT some worms to show up, with that +1 planet, which helps you explore and defend better first thing. And the +2 efficiency lets you run planned early with little negative impact. You start with Cent:Eco, so you can get those formers cranking right away. Did I mention +2 efficiency? That rocks the whole game... So Deirdre, I love you!

Comment

• Well it's nice to see a good spread of opinion...
                        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

• well, actually i like the 7 original smac factions most...

the order of sympathy - on top my most played :

morgan industries
                          believers
                          hive
                          gaians
                          peacekeepers
                          spartans
                          university

heh......

Comment

• I prefer the University. I like the ideals they stand for and the research bonus is very useful . And once you've built the Hunter-Seeker wonder you don't have to worry about probes anymore too!

The Hive comes second because of reasons other people have already stated. :b

Comment

• I'd have to say that my favorite (though I am not one much for singling out favorites) would be the Peacekeepers.

Why? Because they are well rounded, and pretty good at everything, although masters of nothing.

Comment

• Ta da!

122? More votes, I need more votes!

knowhow2
                                It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X