Favourite Faction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spartans

Because they support the right to keep and bear arms, and they know what to do with them, too.
    "Nine out of ten voices in my head CAN'T be wrong, can they?"

Comment

I think it's interesting to play a faction whose natural abilities are contrary to my natural play style. Consequently, I voted for the Hive (without the final "s" as in The Hive), not that I like momentum play, but that putting a builder/hybrid overlay on top of the Hive (or the Believers, the Aliens, whatever aggressive faction) leads to a more balanced faction, which seems to me to be desirable. Perhaps some would disagree, but I think that if you go too far down some of those roads, you are beyond the point of diminishing returns; you can't tell the difference between elite and (very) elite+++ or Green and Really Bright Green.

Comment

After 26 votes, The Hive are still in the lead with 5 votes. Close followed by Gaians, 4 votes.

As I expected, the option "other", have few advocates. Although it suprise me that The Pirates only has one single vote so far. In between fairly even among the rest.
        Last edited by knowhow2; June 5, 2001, 16:43.
        It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Nothing beats being a benevolent dictator with everyone hating your guts just because your communist police state doesn't conform to their "ideology".

Comment

The Spartans!!!

Mostly cause I played them first, and got used to playing them.

Also, you can't bet the early mobility advantage for exploration and finding pods!!
            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

The Gaians are my favourite (for their environmental leanings ).

I also like playing the Morgans (they're challenging), the University (which I play as Morgans on steroids), and the Usurpers (also challenging to a builder! ).

Comment

All the factions have their merits. The faction, though, that I like the best is the Peacekeepers. Lal has size and the votes. Makes it easy.

Second would be AKI.

Ned
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I love role-playing all the human factions for their unique talents and trade-offs. However, my preference, like Ned and Misotu, are for the Peacekeepers. Votes and growth, yes, but also for their humanitarian and democratic leanings coupled with the cool Mosque architecture.

Close second: Gaians. Third: Pirates, whose playing style is typically a breath of fresh air for me.
                  "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

Morgans, because if they go free market, the +1 energy per square increases their energy outputs by 2-3 times, thus also making research, energy raising, and people pacifying a ton easier. Next would probably be the hive, because they can build things fast, which results in either lots of facilities in each of your cities, or large armies.
                    I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

The Cult.

I like their hidden strenghts.
                      Racing through the tech tree with Alien Artefacts,
                      free troops from Mother Nature, and Money for Rush Builds from Planet Pearls.

Their main weakness is not their -1 industry and economy penalty (which can be helped by crawlers and (for the energy) by worm hunting), but their dependence on a good starting position.

But with a good start, they are really amazing.

Comment

As my name would suggest, the University, although you really need to snatch that VW to keep the drones at bay!
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My favorite faction has to be the Gaians. That extra efficiency boost has a ton of uses and their ability to catch mindworms makes the game a while lot more interesting for me.

Comment

Interesting that the original Smac group got 78% of the vote. I wonder if all the voters have Smax as well. I would still expect the originals to do well but are there really only 20% of the players out there that prefer the new guys.

Comment

The Consciousness are my favorite of the new factions, and they would edge out the Gaians for second choice. But you just can't beat free nodes as the University.
                              Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                              http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

51 votes.

Suddenly the University is number one on the list with 11 votes.

free network nodes, and +20% research makes the different.
                                It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X