Giving Surrendered factions all techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving Surrendered factions all techs

Will they trade the techs with other factions? Has anybody experienced this?

If possible, they will.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

So one should only give them all techs when the game is already won, i.e. enemies are insignificant or transcendence can be quickly achieved.

Comment

Yep, best idea. I remember once giving my pet Roze Advanced Spaceflight, and next turn the Drones (with whom I was at war) began churning out Shard troops when previously they'd only had Missile Launchers!
        I learnt my lesson the hard way...
        Also, watch out for people with the PD! They really annoy me!
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

unless it doesn't matter (= all your enemies is also your submissives enemies, that way the won't trade AND all your submissives are givin your tech)
          It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Your submissives will not trade tech with your enemies if they your submissives are also in vendetta with your enemies.

Here are the steps I take after submission:

1. Call off your vendetta on my friend, or I will otherwise cancel our pact.
            2. A joint attack on my enemy, or I will otherwise cancel our pact.
            3. I have urgent need of energey credits, you need but name your price.
            4. Sell all techs to the submissive. This will give them a huge negative balance for energy credits, which will disappear at the end of the turn.
            5. Steps 1 to 4 are all in the same year as the surrender. I revisit the faction to demand energy credits as soon as they accumulate any and to demand their new tech. If you follow #4 above, then their next breakthrough will be something you don't have.
            Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
            http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

Except that letting the AI go into negative credits is considered a cheat.
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

D-dad, I also proceed pretty much as you do, however, I say "My goodwill and friendship." I also give my tech to the submissive, rather than sell it. The submissive has no money, for God's sake. The fact that the game has a bug doesn't mean that we should exploit it.

The one caveat to this is if you do not have the Datalinks. Giving tech away effectively gives the tech to the faction that has the Links.

Finally, I also give/sell tech to pact brothers generally, not just submissives. This keeps their mood in the "blue." As well, they cooperate in research. The downside is, of course, that if they reseach a tech with an SP, the ordinary pact bro will not trade it to you. This can create a problem.

Ned
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

step 4. Appears to me, that an indebted factions sells off the remaining base facilities first, inclding the HQ ? If still in the negative, the slate will be ceaned.

Comment

Flo, I think that's the bug. The slate is wiped clean with the AI, or you for that matter if you have the negative balance, without having to sell one thing. In a recent game, Yang asked me to "Donate" $2500 for the sake of keeping his friendship. When I did, I was -$2000. I expected the worse. But the next turn, I was again at a positive balance, no facilities had to be sold, and Yang has his $2500. Ned
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

National Debt, payed of with government bonds. We can say that, if we don't want to admit it's a bug..

well that's what it is.. national debt
                      Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                      "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Working...
                      X