No announcement yet.

Upper Size Limit for a Single Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure exactly what the base showed but the base actually have another 20-30 or so MORE nutrient to go before exceeding the nut vs pop rules, so what I meant with going nuts (which btw was a semi-joke , is that the game started to act a way it's not suppose to act, namely going backwards in the pop booming even though it should continue to grow.

kh2
    It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Mis - haven't you come across my size 124 base in BM1 yet?
      We're back!
      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Rolling over has something to do with the way computers calculate. An 8-bit signed integer can have values from -127 to +127. When you add 127+1 it will them become -127, so you would get a negative base size. This is called rolling over. This can also happen with signed integers (values 0-255) where 255+1=0. And of course with other types of variables as well, but these are probably the most common cases.

So in this example Firaxis was right: population doesn't roll over. Although I doubt that it was supposed to count down, because that doesn't sound like a real fix.

Comment

bumped^
          It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Not more than 20

OK, what am I missing?

My last SP game at Transcend, I had just about every Secret Project and bases with everything except the Punishment Sphere (I ended the game because turns were passing at 1 turn per 45 minutes, because I had so many bases...).

Population never got above 20 even though I had enough Nutrients to support the bases.

Comment

Re: Not more than 20

Originally posted by Grail Quest
              OK, what am I missing?

My last SP game at Transcend, I had just about every Secret Project and bases with everything except the Punishment Sphere (I ended the game because turns were passing at 1 turn per 45 minutes, because I had so many bases...).

Population never got above 20 even though I had enough Nutrients to support the bases.
              It sounds like you didn't have any hab domes. That would explain it. Hab domes are the upgrade to hab complexes, and they come pretty well up the tech tree. They allow your bases to grow above the hab complex limit (usually 14 for most factions, +2 for LAl and +2 for one of the SPs). Another possibility is that you weren't pop booming either by having +6 growth or the Cloning Vats.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

i cant ever get bases above 99.it just..stops getting bigger.even with nut output of 500+ in a one city game i was playing a few weeks ago(had a zillion crawlers,like 1500 minerals and 5000 EC per turn )
                if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                X