No announcement yet.

SMAX bug - is it know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have probed away a cruiser while not having the tech and it appears in one of those slots.

I have saved it as a current design.

I have also modified it, from one of those slots.

I have repeated all of this in a scenario, tonight, in the interests of thoroughness, and I have the file to prove it.

I will send it to you if you like.

I have also been able to do this with the needlejet chassis in a real game in both MP and SP, so I afraid I don't understand your chassis comment.

So now you know that there is something different about what you are doing. Hope it helps.
    Team 'Poly

Comment

Misotu, Not to be pest on this topic, but does it make any difference if you capture the cruiser with marines?

Do you have auto design off?

Do you have auto prune on?

Ned
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

You're not a pest

I have experimented with auto-design, and it appears to make no difference, ditto auto-prune. Went through all this before in an MP game where, coincidentally, I was gifted a cruiser with auto-design off and auto-prune on.

Have never captured a cruiser with marines, so I don't know on that one.

I know you're not the kind of person to make this mistake, but are you *absolutely* sure it's not there? I've really never seen this ...

It could be something weird, like a one-off. I recently played an MP game where my partner *swore* that, as the Hive without Doc:Mobility, she did not have the option to build a 2-move probe team. So I am not discounting weirdness here. Has this happened to you in multiple games, or only once? SMAC can be ... er ... to say the least ... a little flaky
        Team 'Poly

Comment

M, Yes, it happens every game. Since I never use sea probes, we seem to be left with "capturing" cruisers being different.

However, let me also say that may time I probe or capture units of an obsolete design that do not appear in the design queue. This happens after I have previously upgraded that same design.

I also use 180x120 maps normally. This may be causing a problem.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
          X