Disabling native life/fungus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling native life/fungus

Is there a way to disable the native life/fungus in the game? If so, how?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

It seems a shame to do so since it is such an integral part of the game.

Someone here at 'Poly once claimed that if there was no fungus on Planet then none would ever appear until the Threshold to Transcendance. No other native life either. (It seems to me that there is an interlude earlier on that will always give you one square of fungal outbreak as well)

So if this 'no fungus theory' is correct and if you don't want to risk messing with the game's parameters, you might give a fungus-free custom map a try.

Comment

I thought I'd give it a chance without fungus, because the native lifeforms really frustrate me. I just find it annoying when about 25 aliens unload randomly and pummel my cities. Not that it really hurts me, it's just time consuming.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I agree to RedFred. The native life is one of the basic part of the game and if you dont put your industrial waste in the world the mindworms wont hurt you.

You should playe the game *with* them, not *against* them. And trust me (in MP) if someone benefits from the native life and you don't do that too, you will loose a *great* option! Last but not least you put Dierde and Cha Dawn to Death because their special capabilities are on that site.

But if you still want to play without the story than try to play with the scenario editor and the alpha.txt - maybe there is a possibility - but never used it (and never will).
        Sorry, friend...
        why it takes me so long?
        psst... i'm still thinking...

Comment

Working...
        X