Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market

How do I use it? I mean the main problem here is the -5 police. I don't mind the -3 planet so much, except when it blows over 3 tidal harnesses in a turn.

How do I make it work? And why does even keeping a standing air force causes 2 drones to appear? The noodles aren't out of the compound...
    Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

For some reason air units are always considered out of territory - just another bug.

The thing with Market (so much as I understand it, never one to use it much myself) is that you're raking in so much money you can afford to pay Psych to quell the drones. Also don't forget that probes don't cause unrest, and neither do crawlers. Use crawlers as your border patrols, probes as your away force. With the money you should be making you can afford to do whatever you like with them.

As for the ecodamage, use it to your advantage. Build a fleet of res, empath units, choppers for the sea and air, rovers for the land, and just make more money from the planet pearls.
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

What Chowlett said: all good advice.

The drones-from-air-units thing isn't a bug, though, it's a feature. Same thing is present in Civ. Air units are assumed to be out-of-territory upon creation.

The easiest way to get around the air units problem is to build a punishment sphere in one base and 'home' all your air units there. You did build them 'Clean', right?

The main thing to remember in using Free Market is that it causes making money to be one of your strengths. The way to win is to capitalize on your strengths, so you should use the money-making ability of Free Market to make even more money. Create turn advantage. Rush buy /everything/. Particularly facilities (energy bank, tidal harness, fusion lab) and units (formers, crawlers, colony pods) that will make you more money. Use money to buy friends. Use money to buy off hostiles.

At the end of the turn, Morgan (and any free marketeer, really) should not be the richest player in the game, but more commonly the poorest. Why? Almost all his money should have been spent during the turn gaining turn advantage.

Walt

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Walt on 04-15-2001 02:07 AM
        The drones-from-air-units thing isn't a bug, though, it's a feature. Same thing is present in Civ. Air units are assumed to be out-of-territory upon creation.

The beauty is that only ground attack jets cause unhappiness. SAM jets are considered defensive and are OK in the eyes of your people. Build some of these for long-range reconnaisance/ transport-killing.

Comment

Working...
        X