Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpollution?

Hi there,

A friend of mine was playing Alien Crossfire with the original factions of SMAC(hive, UoP, etc), and he was hive.

Since he loves to build needleejets w/ nerve-gas and he was already at war with everyone, he did a lot of them.

Then, all of a sudden, all his cities start to produce 200-300 pollution per turn each!

Even cities w/ 3 pop without any kinda factory are producing 100 pollution per turn.

It results in about 10 fungal blooms per turn. He don't know what's going up, and neither me. Does nerve gas pods pollute, or is it a bug?

Tnx!

------------------
    -----
    Long live THE HIVE!
    -----
    Long live THE HIVE!

Yes, all atrocities cause eco-damage...especially PBs.

Comment

I was aware that PB's cause pollution to go up, but they don't add to your cities pollution you know...

I mean... the nerve gas pods could pollute, but they should be computed separately and not added to my cities pollution, like PBs

------------------
      -----
      Long live THE HIVE!
      -----
      Long live THE HIVE!

Comment

PB's do indeed add to your bases' ecodamage rating, as do all atrocities. Lob more than a few PB's, nerve gas more than a few dozen bases, and you'll see.

That's what happened to your friend. FYI, rampant nerve stapling will have this effect, too.

Walt

Comment

eco-damage is not pollution. When you hurt planetmind it punishes you with the fungal pops. Pollution causes pain to the neural net, and atrocities cause pain to the other factions, which planetmind feels (being empathic and all..), also in some sense planetmind wants to protect the human factions "we will take you in...". Whenever you cause pain to planetmind it punishes you with ecodamage.

I've finally reached the conclusion that rising sea levels is planetmind drowning you, rather than the icecaps melting.

Comment

Whoa

Didn't knew that

I was using COPTER nerve-gas units to destroy the usurpers in a transcend game(they had conquered a entire continent for them), and I didn't had any sign of pollution on my cities... :/

Thats strage but you sure know what you're saiyng

Another thing: the smallest atrocity you can do in the game is nerve-staple, yeah?

A friend of mine said that if you nerve-staple all your cities that have areial or far-away units and turn to free market, you have about 10 turns of FM economy without the drones problem

What I want to know is: how many nerve-staples are required for other factions to go mad on you? If you're alien species, they do care for it? And would your pet-faction(enslaved by conquer) turn on you because of this? Mine pet-faction is Angels, and I'm Hive.

------------------
            -----
            Long live THE HIVE!
            -----
            Long live THE HIVE!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jokka das Trevas on 04-15-2001 02:56 PM
              Whoa

Didn't knew that

I was using COPTER nerve-gas units to destroy the usurpers in a transcend game(they had conquered a entire continent for them), and I didn't had any sign of pollution on my cities... :/

Thats strage but you sure know what you're saiyng

That's because it's not an atrocity, so it doesn't count. Only atrocities count - you don't get ecodamage if the Charter is repealed for example.

quote:

Another thing: the smallest atrocity you can do in the game is nerve-staple, yeah?

A friend of mine said that if you nerve-staple all your cities that have areial or far-away units and turn to free market, you have about 10 turns of FM economy without the drones problem

What I want to know is: how many nerve-staples are required for other factions to go mad on you? If you're alien species, they do care for it? And would your pet-faction(enslaved by conquer) turn on you because of this? Mine pet-faction is Angels, and I'm Hive.

A better solution is to build a Punishment sphere in one base, and home all your air units to it (ensuring they're clean). This isn't my tip . I have no idea what the other factions' tolerance of nerve stapling is, though.
              The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
              Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
              All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
              "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
              X