Fog Of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Of War

Do you use it? I started using it recently when involved in war and think it is kind of cool. It gives you an idea of where to avoid. I makes me us more caution when attacking lone units or bases. It also gives me an idea where to put sensors to increase my sight. I am currently involved in a two front war. I am fighting Yang mostly at sea. He has lots of foils and I am taking one sea base after another until I work my way to his main island. I am also fighting this pactmate (Lal ) who shares a continent with me. I am the pirates but have 7 bases plus Morgans old empire under my control. I took The HGP and ME from Morgan Trade Center. Oh excuse me Fort Trade Center. Anyway, I find that fighting Lal on the land and Yang primarly at sea is a good challenge. Thankfully Santiago is busy fighting Domai, cause she really doesn't like me that much. A three front war would not be good. Zak is being a good pactmate and giving me tech after tech. Fog of war makes it kind of exciting cause those dark areas could be hiding a mass horde of peacekeepers and hivers.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

I use it all the time, for the reason you mentioned: gives you a good idea where to put sensors. Without the fog, you can get complacent and not realize there's a blind spot in your defenses.
    "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sprayber on 04-05-2001 01:58 AM
      Fog of war makes it kind of exciting cause those dark areas could be hiding a mass horde of peacekeepers and hivers.

Are you telling me without it you could see the AI's units?

Comment

Yes.

I've never played without it.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by It'sLikeThat on 04-05-2001 04:53 PM
          Are you telling me without it you could see the AI's units?

Not that. I just lets you see that big blacked out area. Without it you see the terrain but don't realize that you can't see what units are lurking there. It lets me know where my blind areas are so I can pay attention to it. I don't like blind areas in my territory.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about flying recon missions over the areas and risk my crew being detaind by my enemy, err neighbor.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

If you like to play with 70-90 percent water planets then use this combo:

Coat your island with sensor arrays. Spaced four squares away from each other and on the coast you might catch the occasional foil who ran out of movement points in your sensor net. If an array is in a city radius, plant forests on it. At least you get something out of the square.

About midgame when you get clean reactors build what I call an O.R.P.

An Offshore Radar Platform should have a transport module, clean reactor, and deep radar. This will function perfectly as a cheap transport and as a way to enlarge your sensor net. Build a string of them four squares apart and two squares away from the coast, so you don't overlap the sensor array's land. That way you can always know what is coming within SIX squares of your island. Expand if you want. I plan to create a TEN square sensor net around my main island and two minor islands someday.
            "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
            "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
            "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sprayber on 04-05-2001 06:21 PM
              Thankfully I don't have to worry about flying recon missions over the areas and risk my crew being detaind by my enemy, err neighbor.

Maybe if you apologise to your enemy, I mean neighbour, they'd release your recon crew.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by It'sLikeThat on 04-06-2001 09:20 AM
                Maybe if you apologise to your enemy, I mean neighbour, they'd release your recon crew.

But if I apolized to my enemy, I mean neighbor, I would be expected to apolize and give things up all the time.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sprayber on 04-07-2001 12:50 AM
                  But if I apolized to my enemy, I mean neighbor, I would be expected to apolize and give things up all the time.

well maybe if you hadn't sent the recon noodlejet into your enemy's, i mean neighbours territory in the first place, that enemy, i mean neighbour wouldn't take advantage of the situation.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by It'sLikeThat on 04-07-2001 02:45 PM
                    well maybe if you hadn't sent the recon noodlejet into your enemy's, i mean neighbours territory in the first place, that enemy, i mean neighbour wouldn't take advantage of the situation.

But if that noodle was in fact hanging around outside my enemy's, err..., neighbor's territory, albeit admittedly within LRR (long-range radar) range, still, what business is that of theirs?

You steer your scooter in front of a flying bus, you're sure to get knocked out of the sky.
                    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

I always turn it on. I like to know where that last base is left to turn it into a crater.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Always on-- I do not want to delude myself into thinking I know what is out there

Comment

quote:

Always on-- I do not want to delude myself into thinking I know what is out there .

This is the best answer yet I think. If I can't see the land, I will pay more attention to it.

quote:

Hey I'm willing to express some measure of regreat to my enemy err neigbor, but never will I fully apologize for a mistake on their part. And if my enemy, I mean neighbor, insists on calling me for more credits to forget the incident. I will see him in MY punishment sphere.

Comment

Man -- you guys with your "enemy I mean neighbor" stuff sound like the US and China. Unlike them, you guys can just declare vendetta and have at it.

Comment

Ahhh yes but what if your enemy err... neighbor is complety dependent on you economically and your the superpower of the world and the gaurdian of western civilization ?????? Intresting sounds like a certain nation im quite familair with. LOL

Tyler Messer
                              "America the beautiful,the powerful,the U.N mafia"

Comment

Working...
                              X