The missiles are awfully silent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The missiles are awfully silent

I just got synthetic fossil fuels in my latest sp game. so i built missile rovers and send them on a blitzkrieg into domai territory. i overran hime, of course, but probably because he couldn't hear the missiles coming. there's no sound for the missile. i could hear his impact rover retaliating, but the missiles are silent.

i tried reinstalling, but it's still as silent as ever. is this a known bug?

Maybe it's a package thing since the missile rovers certainly makes sounds in my SMAC/X games.

It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

I think I've had that problem too. Don't remember if I have it all the time though, but I don't think so.

Comment

it's nothing big.. but still, it's annoying.

----------------------------

Money is the key to end all your woes
        Your ups and your downs, your highs and your lows
        Won't you tell me last time that love bought you clothes?
        It's like that, and that's the way it is

Comment

That happens to me, too. When I first had SMAC/X on my PC, everything worked. I uninstalled it for a few weeks for space. When I reinstalled everything including the patches, no more missile sounds. Annoying but not critical, I guess. I just make my own missile sounds.

------------------
          Brother Locus of the Peacekeepers
          Brother Locus of the Peacekeepers

Comment

I've had the same problem, and I've never even noticed it...
            --Teeks

Comment

I have a crap processor so I switch the sound off in my games, completely. But I remember, when I had it on last time, I couldn't hear them either. Oh well, I doesn't make much difference to me .
              ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
              ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

LOL!
                --Teeks

Comment

I think this bug is a result of the SMACXV2 "patch."
                  http://www.collegecommunityonline.com/ccalliance.gif]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Locus on 03-29-2001 01:48 PM
                    That happens to me, too. When I first had SMAC/X on my PC, everything worked. I uninstalled it for a few weeks for space. When I reinstalled everything including the patches, no more missile sounds. Annoying but not critical, I guess. I just make my own missile sounds.

how? with your mouth?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lord MJ on 03-30-2001 08:42 PM
                      I think this bug is a result of the SMACXV2 "patch."

Surprised? No!

Does the same thing on mine. Stealthy missiles. I suppose . . .

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by It'sLikeThat on 03-30-2001 12:02 PM
                        how? with your mouth?

I reserve my voice for more intelectual and technical communication; for more visceral and threatening beligerancies, I use a different orifice.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola on 04-02-2001 10:57 AM
                          I reserve my voice for more intelectual and technical communication; for more visceral and threatening beligerancies, I use a different orifice.

You'd be a circus sideshow if you really could make missile sounds with the different orifice..

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by It'sLikeThat on 04-03-2001 04:02 AM
                            You'd be a circus sideshow if you really could make missile sounds with the different orifice..

Hell, I can even do the Star Spangled Banner!
                            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Yeah, the missile launchers on my SMAX don't make any noise either. Can't actually remember now whether they made a noise in ordinary SMAC (not played it for ages) - I think there was just one multipurpose attack noise.
                              I checked this out and it transpires that there is actually a reasonably cool sound for the missile launcher. Assuming you've loaded SMAC/X into the recommended directory, the path is:
                              c:\program files/firaxis games/smac/fx/wpn missile launcher
                              Dunno why it doesn't work, but it sounds pretty cool...
                              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Working...
                              X