Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC/X Unit colours lost..

Ave,

I restarted SMAC after giving it some rest.
    No new patches found on the net soo..

Now since I played last I have new graphics card, TNT -> GeForce and the everpresent DirectX 8a.

Oddities I have noticed;
    The colours of the lowest two factions is 'clear' sort of transparent as is the hm, background of the choose option in the meny. The shadows of units also disbehaves.

Tried remiedies;
    Varios graphics set up (res/colour depths) and driver including the newest NVIDA ones. Uninstalling the game and restarting and resintalling it.

Nope it is still a no-go, the game runs fine but the experience is marred by the annoying icons. The native launcher is also odd! Sometimes it is just emtpy icon displaying a red flag, wonder what it would look like with a noflag/noicon.. OR it can/has been observed as a tan terraformer with red flag?!

Is my machine crazy am I or is this SMAC ?
    Any or all options are of course possible..

If however you know of reasons and a fix PLEASE post it.

I don't play smac on a pc, but I believe your problem is very common as I've heard it discussed several times, sadly I don't know where and really can't remember them. So,

*bump

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SMACed on 03-27-2001 08:41 PM
      I don't play smac on a pc, but I believe your problem is very common as I've heard it discussed several times, sadly I don't know where and really can't remember them. So,

*bump

Thank anyway, I reinstalled the lot and repatched both SMAC proper and CF now at least the fraction units are with proper flags.
      I looked into the pic fils and there is a wierd looking terraformer in the native group. (I also found SID faction pics, I need to make that one and play it.

Comment

Working...
      X