Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't run the game!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can't run the game!

    It used to work, but now it doesn't work all of a sudden!

    I have the SMAC Planetary Pack. I've re-installed it several times, applied the Windows XP patch, but it still doesn't work. I've fixed the ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm, but it still doesn't work. I have all the latest drivers for everything. I also tried the no-cd cracks, but they didn't work either.

    It's some problem with the "terranx.icd" file or something. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!
    Last edited by Yazman; May 3, 2004, 00:20.

  • #2
    I'm pretty sure that one of the patches on Firaxis' website makes the game do this. Just last week I re-installed SMAX on my comp. First time through I downloaded all the updates, and sure enough that error message came up. I just deleted everything, re-installed the game without any updates, runs fine. I know I'm probably missing out on some bug fixes or whatnot, but I'm too lazy to keep downloading updates to figure out which one causes the problems.

    Comment


    • #3
      A running game + bugs > a bug-free game that doesn't work.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

      Comment


      • #4
        I ALREADY tried re-installing it without patching it, and that DOESN'T WORK!

        Comment


        • #5
          You have a very rare problem. Perhaps if you posted your system specs....

          -Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I can't run the game!

            Originally posted by Yazman
            It used to work, but now it doesn't work all of a sudden!

            I have the SMAC Planetary Pack. I've re-installed it several times, applied the Windows XP patch, but it still doesn't work. I've fixed the ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm, but it still doesn't work. I have all the latest drivers for everything. I also tried the no-cd cracks, but they didn't work either.

            It's some problem with the "terranx.icd" file or something. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!
            If it used to work and now doesn't, that suggests that something installed or changed between those times is causing a conflict. If you can uninstall some recent programs you may find the culprit.
            Consul.

            Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

            Comment


            • #7
              The thing is, I don't know when it screwed up. That could have been at ANY TIME in the past two months or so.

              Comment


              • #8
                We need the details. What specs, what DX version, what drivers, what exact error message....

                -Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  -Pentium 4 2.6ghz
                  -512mb RAM
                  -Geforce FX5200
                  -DirectX 9.0b
                  -All the latest drivers

                  -a generic windows XP crashing window appears and mentions terranx.icd

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Yazman
                    -a generic windows XP crashing window appears and mentions terranx.icd
                    This may sound crazy, but it worked for me. I too used to get a terranx.icd error. After the error had displayed I simply tried double clicking on the icon again, and the second time it loaded up. I would have to do that after every boot up. So after you get the error, just try rerunning the exe without rebooting . I know this sounds too bone-head simple to work, but it does for me.
                    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Bah! wrong button, ignore
                      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                      "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm running into the same problem. Wendows XP, same message, something in the last two months has made it so I can't run the Planetary pack though Alpha Centauri runs fine. My specs on my computer is almost exactly like yours only I'm running a Penteum. 4, 2.4 gig system.
                        Everything ran fine after patching but now all I get is that error message like you.
                        As always have fun Geardy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by livid imp


                          This may sound crazy, but it worked for me. I too used to get a terranx.icd error. After the error had displayed I simply tried double clicking on the icon again, and the second time it loaded up. I would have to do that after every boot up. So after you get the error, just try rerunning the exe without rebooting . I know this sounds too bone-head simple to work, but it does for me.
                          Tried that, it didn't work.

                          I still can't run the game.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X