No announcement yet.

Pact Brother? Ha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If by Seafaction you mean Pirates. Anyone else is FAR better off with land bases. I agree with the prevailing opinion here that seabases are only useful insofar as they have strategic value, as an economic nexxus they're far more trouble than they're worth.

The propensity of the AI to plant bases in areas I don't want it to (sea or otherwise) is one reason why I never accept AI surrender anymore until I've expanded to over twice my efficiency limit. Simply put, any early trade revenue or tech gifts I'd receive from a pact mate are worth far less than the space they occupy.

Comment

How does one determine his efficiency limit?
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

when the little popup comes up? that's my guess. There is a calculation somewhere, but I can't be bothered with such complex math

Comment

There's a calulation out there somewhere based on map size, difficulty, etc. All I know is that for a Large Map on Transcend, it's 6 before you start getting B-Drones, for a Huge Map, it's 9, iirc. Every point of efficiency above 0 increases that number by 2. So if you're playing a Huge map on Transcend, and have +4 efficiency, twice your limit would be 34. Can someone else confirm that?

Comment

You have a particular number, which depends on the square root of the size of the map (that is, the geometric average of the x and y dimensions) and the difficulty level. For a standard map on transcend difficulty the number is exactly 6. On huge maps, each side is 1.6 times as large, so the limit is 9.6.

If you have 0 or less efficiency, your bureaucracy limit is that number, truncated to an integer. If your efficiency is greater than zero, your bureaucracy limit is (effic + 4)*number/4, so at +4 effic on huge, your bureaucracy limit is 19. +4 effic on standard gives you 12.
            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
            -BBC news

Comment

If my efficiency rating change due to SE settings, my limit also will change, correct?
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Yes, but you are only informed of your bureaucracy limit when founding a base would put you over a multiple of it. Lowering your effic could give you a lot of drones silently (until they riot).
                "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                -BBC news

Comment

The first in the ocean is the first to the l33t territory.
                  Remember that.

Comment

One way to deal with 'friendly' sea bases is to get someone or rather something esle to deal with them.

Train some IoDs/Sealurks and suround the offending base. Then release them all into the wild on a single turn. Those bases tend to be poorly defended so they are usually gone on the next turn. Have some trance/empath ships around to eliminate/recapture any extras.
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

and before you realise your recent released IoD's/Sealurks attack your own ships
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                      X