Pact Brother? Ha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pact Brother? Ha!

Ok, if someone swears to be your Pact Bro., and then proceeds to terraform your own land &/or land near your turf that you'd really rather not see raised or lowered, for example, then is there any means to tell your Pact Bro. to NOT do such - besides quitting your Pact, and attacking them or mind probing their formers?

This has happened a few times, and its frustrating when these fractions that are supposed to do as they're told, can't even be told not to do such!

No.

Nerve gas pods
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

you could raise and lower their land to piss them off . But computer players are unlikely to be pissed off by this

Comment

It won't let you raise pactmates land will it?

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

not sure about that, but I do know I can terriform land. I have removed fungus from my pactmate (a servile pact though) land. I felt that fungus was too close to my cities, so I removed it.

Comment

The game doesn't allow you to raise or lower land close to a pactmate's territory.
            I said close? Sorry, ridiculously far away.
            Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Isn't there an option to expel a pact-mates units without breaking pact? I'm almost certain this exists, though perhaps only for Pacts of Submission...

Comment

In diplo screen you can ask him to redraw his troops, the option stays open even when pacted.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Nuke them....Nuke them all.

Comment

The most annoying thing your "allies" will do is put sea bases along your coastline, robbing you of your territory.

The designers didn't want the oceans to be carved into huge blocks of sovereign territory, so they cut the territorial radius to 2 squares, but this isn't the big problem: the big problem is a bug (or very ill-conceived "feature") which causes bases built on land NOT to claim the 2-square radius that sea bases do, meaning your coastlines are fair game unless you "guard" them with outlying sea bases, which sort of defeats the purpose.

Territory rules needed this "tweak" to really make them work: it should be "diplomatically illegal" to place a new base if it denies another player's city any square within its radius. Ahh, well.

Say, did they "fix" this in Civ 3?

Comment

In SMAX, and perhaps patched SMAC, coastal bases claim all adjacent sea tiles as your territory. This isn't the entire city radius of 2 tiles, but it's something.
                      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                      -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Santiago_Clause
                        The most annoying thing your "allies" will do is put sea bases along your coastline, robbing you of your territory.
                        I was looking into a alphax.txt tweak to eliminate seabases altogether. I like ocean on the map to provide an obstacle between continents. With sea bases there is no point in air craft carriers. Just built a string of seabases to your destination. Without seabases there will be more competition for those small islands in the middle of large oceans (a al Hawaii). Plus seabases are basically immue to chop and drop. All seabases seem to be good for is adding b-drones to my empire

I used to think seabases were one of the coolest things about SMAC when I first got it, now they are bane.
                        "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                        "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                        "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                        "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

a bit hard to defend as well.

although easy to take

I think they can provide some good energy with tidal harnesses.

Comment

Crawlers are cheaper though.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I never build seabases except in rare "choke and hold" sea lanes for protection. All their terraforming models cost too much, and with too little minerals to make it doable.

But I capture quite a few and usually end up gifting them to my pactmates.
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                              X