No announcement yet.

Submersible planet buster carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be quite a sight at the docks of the city in question!
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by mart7x5
      Torpedoes with chopper payload, i think I will start working on that design right away
      Could someone load cruiser chassis with pressure hull and carrier deck? and tell me what are results? On my comp I can do it untill I hit "Apply" then it defaults to only one special ability thing ....
      I'll give it a try later today.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Is it for a multiplayer game? The AI knows about the position of all your units, and so there isn't much use in a deep pressure hull in SP
        Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Re: Submersible planet buster carrier

Originally posted by mart7x5
          Submersible planet buster carrier

Can it be designed in SMAX/SMAC? I seem to not be able put both carrier deck and pressure hull into one cruiser chassis.
          Without carrier deck planet buster do not want accept order "L"
          Without pressure hull... well it won't submerge in the way i want lol
          I tested this in SMAC. To my surprise I could put both abilities on a cruiser transport, but after clicking 'done' indeed the second ability was gone. But now comes the weird part. I could construct a sub carrier transport in a coastal base. It is visible in the construction list. Only when I select that unit and go to the workshop one ability is visible on the unit.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

mart7x5,

Yes, you can make these. I've used these lots of times and have advocated for them in numerous threads. I've been able to stockpile up to 8 Sin Busters into one of my Buster subs.

What I'll try to do is find an old save file where I've made them, take a screenshot, and post it here so you can see it. These things are wonderful! Just park it near the coast of your enemy and let the Sin Busters take care of the rest!
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

how do we know the ai knows where our units are?

Comment

Re: Re: Submersible planet buster carrier

Originally posted by GeoModder
                ...But now comes the weird part. I could construct a sub carrier transport in a coastal base. It is visible in the construction list. Only when I select that unit and go to the workshop one ability is visible on the unit.
                Yes, I finally did a buster sub. It looks like a nasty bug. Workshop behaves strange with this design.

Is that really true that AI always sees subs?
                Mart
                Map creation contest
                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

now I think of it, I have never built a sub. That's why I asked the above question. I have no way of verifying AI behaviour.

Comment

Well, Maniac told me once that he sent a sub in sea in the map editor and that immediately in the ai's turn ship(s) from half across the map started to move towards it.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                    X