Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the techs that add production to fungus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the techs that add production to fungus?

I have run arcoss a lot of tech trees, but none that list everything the tech provides, specificaly additional fungus production (nuts/mins/energy)

Anyone know of a tech tree that is so detailed? Or could someone post the techs that do add said production.
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

You might be able to find something over at CGN.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Or check the flags in the alphax.txt file.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Or have a look at pages 148 to 152 in your SMAC manual.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

No, nothing over at CNG.

Lost my manual ages ago.

I am at work, so no alphax.txt

It is getting towards the end of the day. I'll just try to look up the alphax.txt when I get home (if I remember).
          Was just hoping some Gaian/Fungboy lover knew off the top of their head.
          "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
          "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
          "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
            It is getting towards the end of the day. I'll just try to look up the alphax.txt when I get home (if I remember).
            Was just hoping some Gaian/Fungboy lover knew off the top of their head.
            Almost all Centauri Techs increase production:
            Centauri Ecology:nutrient
            Centauri Empathy: an exception, does not do anything to fungus in terms of resource output
            Centauri Meditation:energy
            Centauri Genetics:minerals
            Centauri Psi: nutrient
            Secrets of Alpha Centauri:energy
            Matter Transmission:minerals
            Temporal Mechanics: energy
            Treshold of Transcedence: minerals

Hope I helped you!
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I checked my SMAX files and their new tech doesnt appear to add anything to fungus production. However if you are planning to depend upon fungus, you definitely want 'Secrets of the Manifolds' so you can try to grab the 'Manifold Harmonics' Special Project which will increase the fungus and monolith production based on your Planet rating.

In that case, you will want to look into anything that will increase your Planet rating such as being in control of Manifold Nexus, acquire special projects that enable you to ignore negative aspects of certain social engineerings you might will want to use combined with the 'Green' setting.

Examples includes:

Cloning Vats - Ignore negatives of Police and Thought Control
              Network Backbone - Ignore negatives of Cybernetic
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Yes, thank you obstructor, exactly what I was looking for. Especially since I forgot to look at the alphax.txt last night.
                In between my two boys and grocrey shopping, I didn't have a lot of time to spend on the computer.

Comment

Erm...Cloning Vats makes Power and Thought Control have no negatives, doesn't it?
                  Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Patashu
                    Erm...Cloning Vats makes Power and Thought Control have no negatives, doesn't it?
                    Correct, the -2 to Industry for Power and -3 Support to TC are removed.

Comment

Working...
                    X