Doesn't Progenitor Psych...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't Progenitor Psych...

Make the Universal Translator redundant? Considering it has to do with monoliths and artifacts, you should have learned the language (Ergo the 2 free techs from translating the writings and such) as you acquired Progenitor Psych? Also, why does the Manifold Nexus not require you to learn Progenitor Psych, while it does not offer any bonus tech (considering that the +1 Planet means that it is operational and functionable)?
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    75.00%

My speculation would be this:

Re: Psych - Our languages are living, they evolve over time. So an English speaker from 600 AD would not be able to understand an English speaker from 2004 AD due to changes made over years. Same thing with Progenitor language. Languages aren't static... when a language is static, it's considered 'dead' just like Latin.

Re: Manifold Nexus - A monolith presents a very small piece of the whole picture while there are a wealth of information available at the Nexus it's vastly easier to decipher those information right away. Something like Rosetta Stone. Why it doesn't offer you extra tech, I don't know. As for + 1 Planet, it's still operational but ravages of time has left the whole structure basically irrepairable.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Doesn't the Manifold Nexus give feedback to Planet? If so, then humans just be being around the thing would be giving feedback to Planet, thus improving relations between the two entities.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
      X