Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aliens attack me even when I'm in a truce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens attack me even when I'm in a truce?

What the hell. *******s. Just for that I annhilated their ass. I had a problem with the caretakers as well.

I'm guessing this is a bug. I've heard crossfire is buggy. Are there any other known bugs?

I think I encountered the bug where it shows a drown in the city screen when there really isn't on. That didn't bother me too much.

At first the aquafarm didn't appear to be working. but on the next turn the proper food showed up.

but anyways. I finished my first crossfire game . I like it. I kind of miss the original factions. Is there any way to include them in crossfire? I played as the Cybernetic faction. Aki or whatever her name is. I like the new sounds, at least I think they are new sounds. I don't remember those combat sounds in the original. I was getting tired of the old combat sounds anyways. Combat is a little more interesting now.

btw. I heard you can free captured factions leaders. I tried to free the data angels who were wiped out by the Usurpers, but I couldn't. Maybe because they were aliens.
    Last edited by Dis; April 20, 2004, 03:51.

You can play as the original factions in SMAX, there's a button at the top of the faction selection screen(well, three ones actually).
    Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

faction leaders can only be freed from the enemy HQ. And aliens are arseholes, they'll attack whenever

and for choosing your factions, hit the arrows at the side..

Comment

You can also click the button on the top left where it shows the 7 original factions to do it automatically.

Comment

I rescued that Cult leader from Usurpers once, I was playing Data Angels at that time.

I've heard that if I was to use nerve gas on aliens, it wouldn't be considered atriocity by fellow human factions, true?

And, Dissident, you can find a list of bugs over there... http://www.civgaming.net/smac/acad_buglist.shtml
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

True, the only thing you can't do to Aliens is using PB's. Then your fellow humans will most likely declare war to you as well.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

yeah I forgot about nerve gas. I never use it though. Because then my units would be useless against other factions.

And Yeah I forgot it had to be against their HQ . I was only using it on one of their exterior cities. I wanted to see how that feature worked.

Another intersting thing is on the Hall of Fame screen the factions are doubled up. Like the number 7 spot shows one of the crossfire factions (can't remember which one), but also shows my high score for Lal of the peacekeepers in there. I guess they did that because of lack of room.

Comment

btw

Aki is hot.

I'd hit it

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  yeah I forgot about nerve gas. I never use it though. Because then my units would be useless against other factions.
                  Units equipped with Nerve Gas also can fight "conventionally." When you attack, you are given the choice whether or not to use Nerve Gas.
                  "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                  -- Kosh

Comment

never knew that. thanks. you learn something new everyday.

There are a lot of things I have yet to do in this game, come to think of it. It's such a great game. And there are several ways to win, unlike games like Civ3 .

I was messing around last night and built some gravships. Another unit I have never really used. Although I had one that was shot down. . I had the best weapon and best armour on it too. I still prefer rovers and tanks and needlejets, and cruisers. The units I use the most.

Comment

btw

Aki is hot.

I'd hit it
                      I don't like Aki.

I once had this dream with Deirdre in it. But I don't remember most of it.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Oh and why were you suprised to be attacked by the AI when in a truce. I find the AI will attck whether you are in truce, treaty or pact. I find the AI will always attack if you are preeminent. the only peaceful AI seems to be

1. an AI leading the game
                        2. a submissive
                        3. an AI so far back in tech they cannot find a possible successful attack
                        4. Some pactmates IF you are running the appropriate SE settings and don't do anything to peeve them off AND have a good reputation
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Nerve gas gives a penalty free 50% bonus when attacking aliens. the population reduction is irrelevant since the alien base will drop to size one when you capture it anyway.

The only downside to building nerve gas units is a little additional mineral cost-- as was pointed out, you can always choose to attack conventionally with them anyway--

Also I find that after I finish conquest of one group, a different set of abilities may be useful and upgrading what should now be high morale units can be very beneficial--

So my 6x missile nervegas alienkillers might spend a few turns traversing the world and when they get to the say gaian battlefield, some might get "upgraded" to 6r-empath wormkillers while others are upgraded to weapons with attack values of 8,10 or 13 depending how far up the tech tree I get before its attack time.

No unit with good morale is ever useless. If a few nervegas units make it to elite , you have the core of your airforce for the next conquest.
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I should clarify.

They attacked me when I was in a truce, but they remained in a truce! I couldn't attack them witout breaking the truce!

That is BS. I hate to take the diplomatic penalty for that.

Comment

I should clarify.

They attacked me when I was in a truce, but they remained in a truce! I couldn't attack them witout breaking the truce!

That is BS. I hate to take the diplomatic penalty for that.
                              Sorry -- I obviously misunderstood-- I have not seen that happen before.

To avoid the diplomatic penalty, call them up repeatedly until they declare vendetta or if they won't answer just " Demand withdrawal"-- That SHOULD switch them to vendetta but if you have had units killed when in truce, I don't know what the heck is going on

Comment

Working...
                              X