Boils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boils?

Ok, here's the deal. I've been playin a lot of SMAC/X.. and today, for the first time, a friend of mine get's a Boil unit. I knew they were in there since I had seen them in the units.pcx file, but they'd never shown up when I've played. So, what's the story with them? They're not in the Datalinks nor the manual, and they don't seem to be very powerful either. 3-1-1 if I recall it correctly. Anyone got a theory about them?

Yeah, I have seen these a lot - it happens when you start a SMAC scenario in SMACX. Don't know what they are, or how they work - just another bug in the game, I guess....
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Erm... sorry for being dumb but what's a boil? Do you mean the mindworm boil or something else? If you can, send a small cut pic from the units.pcx to the forum.
      ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
      ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Sure

Anyone know what this is then? Never seen it in the game..

Comment

Oh, yeah.. the first picture was the Boil.

Comment

no never seen this before...

YO! you stupid swede! ( I am kidding for all of you who didn't got it )

hur e leget?
            It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Look, a fellow Swede!

Allt bra här.. Hur står det till nere i söder då? Många svenskar här annars?

Comment

Hmm... The top picture looks familiar... Oh yes! I remember *grin*. It appeared when I entered a wrong number in the faction file, eg. UNIT, 25. The graphic seems to be used for any user-errors or version errors the program runs into (SMAC to SMAX or other way rouind, I DO NOT KNOW).

Hey why cuss Sweedes?

Comment

Hmm... The top picture looks familiar... Oh yes! I remember *grin*. It appeared when I entered a wrong number in the faction file, eg. UNIT, 25. The graphic seems to be used for any user-errors or version errors the program runs into (SMAC to SMAX or other way rouind, I DO NOT KNOW).

Hey why cuss Sweedes?

Comment

Whoops! Double Double post! BTW when do I get upgraded from settler to 'something else'?

Comment

When you've posted enough posts. Actually you could have read about it when you registred.. (Hmm.. Maybe it wasn't there.. but it was somewhere tho) Can't remember exactly how many posts each level is.. but it's in a faq somewhere.
                      [This message has been edited by Closey (edited March 18, 2001).]

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. I recognized the rest of the units, but those two didn't ring a bell. There seems to be a lot of old junk left in those files tho

Comment

A lot of useful junk, might I add .

LoD
                          I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
                          LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
                          civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Useful? For what? Making cusom stuff? I never thought about it as useful actually, more like interesting and fun stuff. What about that Baron-Krypto Space-Puppy in icons.txt? That's not in the game now is it?

Comment

Bara du och jag, hittills

for the next "title" chieftain, like mine you need to have at least 31 and the next is 101 (warlord), you can read about this at FAQ (on the top of the forum - small blue text)
                              It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X