X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HGP + VW + PTS + Uni + ICS = I win big time

I LOVE the PTS

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I rarely push for the early game SP's, instead favoring infrastructure and continual expansion. One SP I continually covet is the MCC (although I cannot say that this is considered an early game SP), as I enjoy and appreciate the opportunities it represents. Oh if it only gave the "Submarine" opportunity portrayed in the SP video....

D

Comment

I'm playing a Morgan thinker-level game (the highest level I've played yet) and have grabbed every single proect so far. I'm using ICS but have kept the entire city-space around my capital for its use. Nice.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan
          One SP I continually covet is the MCC (although I cannot say that this is considered an early game SP), as I enjoy and appreciate the opportunities it represents.
          Me too.

In the period before airpower, those extra movement points for ships are very nice.

It doesn't seem very popular with the AI, in my experience, so I don't usually have any problem getting it.
          -bondetamp
          The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
          -H. L. Mencken

Comment

Since I play Angels, I always get the same four. No more, no less.

Planetary Datalinks--Mostly to deny the AI the project, since angels practically get this for free.

Hunter-Seeker Algorithm

Telepathic Matrix

Nethack Terminus

Comment

Playing Transcend, I get most of the early SP - usually I missed one, perhaps two, but I'm getting better at it. Planning an ICS-like game, all SPs are vital in one way or the other.
              I can let go of Command Nexus. The ME has the problem that it costs something *now* and it becomes really useful only much later in the game (after restriction lifting) and building of an energy park).
              Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

In MP games , The WP or the PTS can be game breakers, depending on your faction and time.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

HGP/WP/PTS are my big goal SPs, usually in that order. I also make an effort to grab CN and PEG. I almost never prioritize ME, its benefits are mostly useful in the way late game, and I'm much more interested in dominating early. EG is one I like to have, but my research path usually doesn't take me near.

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus
                    The ME has the problem that it costs something *now* and it becomes really useful only much later in the game (after restriction lifting) and building of an energy park).
                    That is basically the way I see the ME...an investment. When you build it is not worth the minerals, but waiting for it to become worthwhile before building it is not an option. Although I admit, on Transend, I usually don't get it in favor of other SPs.
                    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Working...
                    X