Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sign off of sorts

My 'Poly friends,

Been on these forums what seems an eternity, and to all things there is an end. Been taking on some changes and along with these is a comitment to make some changes (a comitment at least to myself. To thine own self be true). 'mongst those is to be more productive. Of course that means my favorite addiction, cruising the forums hour after hour will be coming to an end. I must say it has been a blast and I offer my sincere thanks to all who have aided me in the past. Likewise I hope I left everyone here a bit enriched as well since that really is the point of these forums.

I'll likely stop by every once in a great while, but for now

"Vaya con Dios mis amigos"

Sign Me

Og
    [This message has been edited by Ogie Oglethorpe (edited March 14, 2001).]
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Ogie, for the last year or so some of the best advice in this forum has come from you. I hope that you'll still stop by as often as possible.

And I hope all the 'changes' for you are good ones.

Comment

Seconded. I remember when I first joined back in September, you were always one of the first to offer advice, and I'm sure many newbies and veterans alike have taken ideas and inspiration from your works.

Do drop by once in a while, you know how much we all like a returnee here at 'Poly....

Regards,
      Mark
      We're back!
      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

You will be missed greatly, Og!

I know and understand your feeling, though.... Been there, done that...

Once you get over your addiction, you can come back occasionally.
        Please, do that!
        ::Zsozso::

Comment

Ogie,

I will miss your incisive and thorough posts. Good luck with whatever you will spending your time on, and I hope to see your posts occaisionally in the future.

Sikander

He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

OO

I was very sorry to see that you won't be around. I really appreciated your informative responses to my many questions when I discovered this site. Your detailed posts were key to my own development as a player and I thank you for your effort in explaining so many game concepts. I do hope that you drop by from time to time and wish you well in your future endeavours. You will be missed.

To the rest of us--

We should try to follow Ogs example of helping any newbies who drop by here. I think that that is what makes this forum so good-- the willingness to share information with new players (and with the semi-skilled such as myself LOL).
            [This message has been edited by cbn (edited March 15, 2001).]

Comment

Fare well, Ogie. Hope to hear from you again soon.
              And thank you for that couple of discussions we had.

LoD
              I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
              LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
              civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Og:

You will be missed! Your posts were always informative, and thorough. Please stop by once in a while to help us with a question. bfn.
                Team 'Poly

Comment

Thanks for your contributions that helped make this place what it is, my friend.

Fare well, and come back soon.

Aredhran

Comment

Og-

Sad to see you go my friend. But you'll be back, the madness has you in it's grip! Until then I wish you the best.

Ciao, miho.

-Kinjy

Comment

Ogie:

You made these (and other) forums fun to visit - we'll miss you.

Take care, and may fortune smile on you.

G.

Comment

Ironic that this was zsozso's last post, but not Ogie's.
                        "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                        "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                        - Pekka

Comment

As a semi-retired poster in these parts, I don't get this way as often as I should....but dang! Og's leavin?! The place won't be quite the same!

Og, good luck bro, and fair wind at your back in your travels. Stop in when ya can....

-=Vel=-
                          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

No, it's alright, this post was...ooh, 16 months ago, and Og's still here, safe and sound
                            We're back!
                            http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Simply not as active as I once was. But now that I am offically relocated and have internet access again I can post anew.

Og

PS. Matty sorry to disappoint.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X