Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravship colony pods/formers

Anyone besides me ever made these?
    Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

of course not!

Comment

I made a gravship former once, just to see.

At that late point in the game, they're hardly useful though.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yea usually by that time I either have everything formed the way I want it, or have 28365827356236 regular formers around anyways, so I dont see much point in making a gravship former. Maybe for novelty value or something......

Comment

Grav Formers are perhaps one of the coolest units in the game. Too bad by the time you can make em the game is a few turns from being over.

Other cool units are Grav Supply ships. Daisy chain a load of these together to block off whole sections of the map to ground units
          Of course if you can do this the game is probably long since been over and you just toying with the AI
          "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
          "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
          "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
          "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

This thread reminded me of something I always wanted to try: gravship superformers, all set to auto-remove fungus. I've got 50 going right now, with 25 more coming out each turn. Wonder how long it'll take to clean off all the fungus? Just playing for fun, of course.
            "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
            -- Kosh

Comment

You know, Petek, that isn't the most efficient way to...

I generally don't use gravships. By the time I get to that tech, the AI is generally happy in its little zoo city and my magtubes circle planet. Not much point building gravships.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I agree, gravships do lose a lot of their appeal when everything is mag-tubed.

Comment

Originally posted by RX2000
                  I agree, gravships do lose a lot of their appeal when everything is mag-tubed.
                  That's why I think it would be really neat if it was possible to make magtubes not work for rivals (the way railways don't work for rivals in Civ3). Roads, which are pretty hard to disable, should still work for invaders (unlike roads in Civ3 - boy that is dumb..) and trespassers, but magtubes should not work for trespassers and they should not work (for you) outside your territory.

That might make grav-ships somewhat more useful...
                  Trithemius
                  ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

I made a needlejet former once.

It wasn't all I'd hoped for.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Grav Formers have the unique ability to turn both forest and kelp back into fungus ... if you're into that sort of thing.

Comment

Somewhat related...
                        I once made either a supply needlejet or chopper, I can't remember which, which I sent to a square to harvest a kelp forest and it stayed the whole game without crashing. This was a long time ago so it was likely pre-patch SMAC. Anyone else been able to do this?
                        "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                        "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                        "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                        "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Working...
                        X